The AnimeFanlistings Network Message Board

Not getting emails from TAFL anymore?

Rain · 5 · 3188

Offline Rain

• TAFL Staff Alumni
    • View Profile
    • Room 402
Hi there,

I am not sure if this is the right place to post but since it has something to do with emails, I thought I might try here:

I have recently adopted the fanlisting for the movie Hauru no Ugoku Shiro (Howl’s Moving Castle) and I saw that the URL has already been updated on the update blog. But I did not receive any email about it letting me know that the changes have been made. Also, I recently closed a fanlisting in the relationships category but I did not get an email about it to let me know. I remember that I always got some kind of information/email in the past to let me know that my fanlisting was closed, finished, updated etc. I then tried to get my FL List sent to me - I have tried this 6 times during the last 4 days (so sorry for abusing this feature T_T) but none of the emails have been received. I have checked my spam folder but also, nothing there. I triple checked I used the correct email and I also got the message that my FL List was successfully sent to my email.
I then sent in a contact form but then figured that I also might not receive an answer as I do not seem to receive any emails from TAFL anymore lately. I have not changed my email, my thunderbird settings or anything else. I'm only experiencing this problem with emails from TAFL, I have no problems with receiving emails from TFL/other people/etc. I really don't know what to do right now, so any help would be great as I am slowly starting to get desperate about this problem :(. Thank you.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 08:15:36 PM by Rain »

Offline Mitzrael

• TAFL Senior Staff
  • ^ just your average ninja :D
    • View Profile
    • http://rainawhile.net
I've resent the confirmation email for Hauru no Ugoku Shiro (Howl’s Moving Castle), could you please confirm its arrival? o:

If you still didn't receive anything, it could be the email address that's not letting pass TAFL emails (for some unknown reason) I'm thinking one of these scenarios might be happening:
- if you're using a domain forwarder check on both the domain end and email provider that both accounts are linked properly.
- if you're using a domain email account, check for a spam/filter setting that might have been enabled by your hosting/domain provider without your knowledge (sometimes server configurations change following an upgrade and stuff)

If nothing of the above fixes it, I would advise switching to an independent email address such as @gmail.com ( @hotmail is known to set a few issues so I would say no to that one ^^; ). Hope any of the above helps at all, from our end I'm pretty sure everything is working fine so I can't think of anything else that could be blocking emails :s
ソニア!ninja ^/_\^ | Items/Locations + Manga-ka & Directors + Music and Songs + Rivalries
Your daily dose of coffee in a pill [ rain awhile ]

Offline Rain

• TAFL Staff Alumni
    • View Profile
    • Room 402
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, Mitz :). But unfortunately I have to say that I did not receive the resent form for Hauru no Ugoku Shiro (Howl’s Moving Castle) :(.

I have thought that maybe it is a Thunderbird problem as this got updated two weeks ago but when I checked the inbox on my provider's server, there aren't any of TAFL's emails either - So I think it must have something to do with my providers settings/server/whatever. I will try to contact support and see what they say. I will get back to you then as this may take a while.

Hopefully this can be solved :/. Thanks again :).
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 07:47:33 PM by Rain »

Offline Rain

• TAFL Staff Alumni
    • View Profile
    • Room 402
Thanks for the emails, I have replied :).
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 08:20:58 PM by Rain »

Offline Mitzrael

• TAFL Senior Staff
  • ^ just your average ninja :D
    • View Profile
    • http://rainawhile.net
Gotcha Rain. I hope the whole issue gets solved at some point, it is quite puzzling to say the least ^^;;;
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 12:07:37 AM by Mitzrael »
ソニア!ninja ^/_\^ | Items/Locations + Manga-ka & Directors + Music and Songs + Rivalries
Your daily dose of coffee in a pill [ rain awhile ]