Other Stuff > WANTED!

Free FTP Program for Mac?

(1/2) > >>

rika24:
yes i'm posting this kind of question again lol. My PC died... again.

so after a while with no computer (my poor Charmander FL sat with no layout for so long :() my aunt and uncle bought me an imac as an early graduation gift (i graduate from college in December!) i am in need of recommendations for a good (and safe) free FTP program so i can update my sites again

and would anyone know a way to play wmv files on a mac? (i hate QuickTime, so really i need a replacement for that one entirely)

Mayumi:
I'm not sure any free ones but the one I use is Transmit. And it's paid. ;-; But it's very good app for the Mac. I currently use it since I use a Macbook. And for playing vmv, you can use VLC Media Player. ^_^

PS: Welcome to the Macverse. XD;

Eden:
https://filezilla-project.org/ Try this. It's what I use and it's entirely cross platform.

rika24:
i downloaded filezilla and tried to install, but my mac keeps blocking it. i downloaded classicFTP but it never downloaded the contents of the folders, so i'm thinking of uninstalling it.

as for video players. i have been using VLC and it works great. however, because my imac has no dvd rom drive (why not for that insane price?). i got the LG external dvd burner but i can't play dvds. it plays up to the dvd menu but after i hit play it crashes, no matter if i'm using the preinstalled dvd player or VLC. anyone know why or have a better recommendation for an external dvd player with burning ability?

*sigh* i miss my PC more than ever now. everything worked fine on my PC (i do plan on getting a new hard drive because i really need my PC back. i hate not being able to connect my Nook HD to a computer and Calibe)

Mayumi:
No DVD Rom drive? You do have the DVD player installed in your Mac right? It should detect the DVD as soon as you insert it. But, if you still get problems, I seriously suggest you make an appointment at the Genius Bar at the Apple Store. o_o They should check to see. Oh and some apps won't work unless you get it directly for the App Store on your Mac. That's why I'm guessing your Mac is blocking it. Happened to me a few times ;-;

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version