The AnimeFanlistings Network Message Board

Just a question

Offline Angelique

• View Profile
I've been wondering, how exactly do you choose who gets a fanlisting, if several people apply for one around the same time? I'd always thought that it was dependent on who applied first, but from the talk of some of my friends, does it also depend on how good your web design is? Or is it a combo of both? ^-^;

Offline Mura

• TAFL Staff Alumni
  • Shiny things. =D
    • View Profile
    • http://fan.gekidasa.net
Approvals are NOT decided on a first come, first serve basis, nor are they decided solely on who is a "better" designer.

A lot of factors come into play when the staff decides who to approve when there are multiple applicants, but I would say that in general, the most important ones tend to be how applicants take care of their fanlistings (whether they're often in troubles), how many fanlistings they own in the fandom, how many fanlistings they have upcoming and how many applications they've submited (basically, the more applications you have in, the less likely you are to be approved for any specific subject).

As far as webdesign goes, the importance varies depending on each staffer. In my own case, I CAN tell you that it's a factor that comes into play only after the ones mentioned above. Also, to me "good web design" does not mean having big pretty graphics or using a lot of brushes; to me good webdesign means a site is accesible, cross-browser compatible and easy to navigate and read.

Another thing that is very important is whether the person filled in the application correctly (for instance, including the series a subject is from).

As far as comments go, they don't make or break an application, in fact I only look at comments after I've weighed all the factors mentioned above. If there are multiple applicants and all other factors are equal, yes, I'm more likely to pick someone that took the time to say "thank you for reading" or to briefly explain why they like the subject (I used to write long comments, until I realized that staffers have to go through a lot of apps and that brief and to the point is better in most cases), or to provide links to sites with more information on the subject (not necesarily fansites though; but places with actual information in order to judge whether a subject is approvable). :hug:
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 02:07:01 PM by Mura »
[color=\"#FFCC00\"]☆ [color=\"#993399\"]Mura[/color] ☆[/color] [color=\"#993399\"]

aka Boobitari Perestroika Homuncula sensei/Ebil Wonder Twin Jayna

(メ¬_¬) --> (.~_^)/☆ OTP!!

FLs | LJ | Plug: [url=\"http://fuuma.

Offline Angelique

• View Profile
Thank you muchy! ^-^ That really clears things up for me! <3