The Anime Fanlistings Network > General

Shonen Jump a company?

(1/3) > >>

Guan:
I'm not trying to start a drama, ^^;; I just saw on the update page that Shonen Jump is approved in the companies category, I'm just curious to know actually, what kind of company is Shonen Jump? is it like a magazine company that produces different Jump-related magazines...?

Thanks for answering, ^^

Amber2:
I was wondering about that, too. O.o I always thought that Viz owned Shounen Jump...  Maybe I'm wrong. xD

Guan:
from my knowledge, shonen jump (in japan, the weekly jump) belongs to a larger family of Jump magazines that are owned by Shuueisha, and in U.S. it is licensed to Viz, but maybe it's an independent company?

Pikachu:
hmm.. maybe they meant like... Shounen Jump as... the group of "jump magazines"? o_O Like... Weekly, Monthly, Akamaru, etc.. all in all? Though, you're right. I don't think it's an actual companys ince it's still owned by Shuueisha. "Jump Comics" label maybe... o_o

Meiran:
I'm chatting about this with Senior Staff now.  I had a few reasons for approving this, because despite it being considered part of Viz comics in America, even the American publication is a seperate company that is a project between Viz and Shuueisha (I believe)

I considered subsidiaries to be something approvable, thinking of it as something like how Taco Bell is owned by Pepsi, but you don't really consider them the same.  However, like I said, I'm talking to Senior Staff about it and getting an opinion.  I'm still new and learning!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version