The AnimeFanlistings Network Message Board

help with site hosting

Offline BabyKaos80

• View Profile
Hi to everyone :heart:
First of all i wanna tell that i'm italian, and i dont understand everything i read here, so maybe is write somewhere but i dont understand.
I read the FAQ too but i'm not sure if is write (gommenne ^^" )
My question is, i can host my fanlist everywhere?

I made a fanlist a looooot of time ago, but now i lost password, mail (everything ;__; ) and was not approved, i didn't ask because i dont know if the site was ok and who (or where) ask it!
So, maybe is a stupid question, this site is ok? http://altervista.org/
And, where (or who) i can ask for approvation?

Hope u understand me, sorry for my english ^^""""
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 05:58:49 PM by BabyKaos80 »

Offline Mitzrael

• TAFL Senior Staff
  • ^ just your average ninja :D
    • View Profile
    • http://rainawhile.net
Hello BabyKaos,

Fanlistings can be hosted at any web server, be it a free-host or paid hosting service, as long as the site is accessible at anytime to anyone around the world.
I think altervista.org is an okay free service and I believe some of our current approved fanlistings are hosted there at present time. However, you could always try looking at the Hosting for Fanlistings forum where fellow fanlistings owners offer free hosting on stable paid servers as well.

As for building fanlistings, you must be approved first to later build a fanlisting. Working on a site and only after filling in an application form will not guarantee, at any given case, an approval.
I would recommend starting from the first TAFL policies requirement and build an example page or site that would allow staffers to see a sample of your HTML skills/knowledge and then start working on any fanlisting you might get approved for.  :flower:

Hopefully this solved your inquiry, feel free to contact us trough our contact form.  :yes:
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 06:54:45 PM by Mitzrael »
ソニア!ninja ^/_\^ | Items/Locations + Manga-ka & Directors + Music and Songs + Rivalries
Your daily dose of coffee in a pill [ rain awhile ]