The AnimeFanlistings Network Message Board

Am I Allowed to Apply?

Offline Tsukiryuu

• View Profile
    • http://nanashi-inc.net/weblog
I applied for three fanlistings in the Songs category back in December/January and haven't heard back on those yet so they're still pending. Actually, since I haven't got a response on the boards yet, I'm not even sure if my apps went through. ^^; But we're going with the assumption that they are 'cause that would totally suck if they hadn't and I could have re-sent the apps by now. :hug:

In any case, I was reading over the rules and I'm not sure I fully understand the whole "three in one category" limit. I've been wanting to apply for a Character, but I've refrained because since I sent in three apps in the Songs category I wasn't sure if I was maxed out on my apps.

So, I was wondering if I could get some clarification. If I have three pending apps in one category, am I still allowed to apply for a fanlisting in another category, or is it that once I have three in a single category that's it no more apps?

Sorry to have to bother ya'all like this, but when I was looking at the previously posted questions for SS I kept seeing questions about raising the number of applications. So, my apologies if there was a similar post. :hug: I probably missed it.

Offline Marie

• TAFL Senior Staff
  • That girl who wants to be a pirate
    • View Profile
    • http://get-fighted.net
From the Rules:

You may have up to 6 fanlistings listed as upcoming at the network at any time, and up to 3 pending applications in one category.
If you already have 6 upcoming fanlistings, any new application you send will be rejected because you may not be approved for anything else until some of them are finished. Once you reach the limit of 3 pending applications in a category, any new applications you send in will be disregarded until the pending applications are either approved or rejected.

You are allowed to have 3 pending applications per category and 6 upcoming total. Meaning, you could theoretically have 3 pending in all 18 categories, but this practice is strongly discouraged and (provided you're not applying for subjects with multiple applications), would result in at least 12 automatic rejections.

So if you have 3 pending in Songs and 0 in Characters, then yes, you could send in that application. You would not be able to send in another Song application. Make sense? :hug:

As for your current applications, if you haven't yet, I'd suggest sending in a Contact Form to the Songs category - if you applied that far back, they probably wouldn't be on your TAFL List, but you can also use that moving forward.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 08:04:44 AM by Marie »
Marie; Senior Staffer - Characters N-Z
A love pirate? I am no love pirate. What do they mean by that?

get fighted & pirates & royal rebellion