The AnimeFanlistings Network Message Board

Some application and how the process works

Offline mailyn

• View Profile
    • http://coloryoursoul.com
Hello all! I have a question about applications and I wondered if anyone can answer this. Please forgive if this is in the wrong forum. I have a habit of getting confused on forums cuz they have a gazillion options and half of them always look the same to me.  :)

I've had fanlistings [TFLs] since fanlistings were practically inevnted. I've even had a few anime ones back when they where still part of TFL and never had a problem getting accepted for them. However, I've heard [and I could be 100% wrong] that here at TAFL one of the deciding factors is what people say in the applications. As in what kind of things they write about why they'd like to own a particular fanlisting.

In all my years of applying at TFL I never knew this [or at least it never affected me] since I usually write something like "I really love this [insert topic here]" and give links for more info on said topic. I have a hard time even explaining to people WHY I love what I do. I'm not much of a talker so I would REALLY have a hard time trying to say anything that would impress anyone. LOL.

So, my question is, do we really get penalized for not writing some sort of paragraph on why we'd like a certain fanlisting? Do I run a higher risk of not getting fanlistings if I don't write something meaningful or is that not really a problem?

I'd really like to know since, like I said, this is my first time having fanlistings in some place other than TFL.

Cuz maybe I should ask to reapply to the fanlistings I've applied for and then try and come up with something coherent to say as I wouldn't like to lose my opportunity just cuz I have trouble saying anything. ^__^

Also, I usually give my site as an example of my HTML/graphic knowledge. Should I instead give links to fanlistings I own? That is, if they people who already own fanlistings are more likely to get them over those that don't have any experience running them. Cuz I have fanlistings I could also show as examples.

One last thing, I know you can only have like 6 fanlistings on upcoming but, is it any good to e-mail a staffer just to let them know that you have another fanlisting you'd like to apply for soon as you get done with your upcoming ones or if you get a rejected just so they keep you in mind in case some people already applied for it and you are can't apply yet because you are at the six limit max thing.  I mean, just so you don't lose your chance because you are waiting to hear back on your other applications.

I hope that made some sense. LOL. :wacko:

OK, that was kinda long but I'm new here and I don't know how different TAFL are as opposed to TFL.

Thanks a lot to anyone that could help! I really don't wanna lose my chances.  :wave: :blink: :help:
[color="#FF8C00"](\__/)

(='.'=)

('')_('') [/color][color="#9ACD32"]World domination is out. My bunny just wants a [/color]cookie.

Offline Carolyn

• Web design, fanlistings, Bleach,
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hanabie.net
Well, I'm not a staffer so I can't speak to how they judge applications, but this comes from the FAQ on the site:

If a subject receives many applications, it's not necessarily given to the first person who applies. We judge the applications on many different factors, such as the person's html skills, level of fanness (judged by comments etc.), number of fanlistings on upcoming, number of fanlistings in the fandom, etc. The list goes on, and each staffer weighs these factors differently. There is no specific, uniform formula on who gets selected, but every staffer makes the choices he or she believes is best.

Hope that helps!
[font=\"Impact\"][color=\"#fd4602\"][color=\"#fd4602\"]♡[/color] N E L I E L @ ryuuku.net[/color][/font][/size] [color=\"black\"]

OTPin sane we trust ♡ [url=\"htt

Offline Chisa

• TAFL Staff Alumni
    • View Profile
    • http://royal-hours.net
I never base an entire application on comments alone. However, comments could become important if two or more applicants are equal in HTML abilities, FL experience, number of upcomings, etc. This is especially true if it is a popular subject that has quite a few competitive applications. Every staffer weighs the different factors differently, so while some may place a heavy emphasis on comments, some might place a heavy emphasis on something else, like HTML abilities. You would never get penalized for not writing anything (at least, I hope not!) To sum it up, comments could be a deciding factor, but it is not the deciding factor.

If you have 6 upcoming and want to apply for a seventh fanlisting, you must finish at least one of your upcomings first, before you apply. If the finished form is not processed yet, but you have finished one of them, you can make a note to the staffer in your application that you already submitted the finished form for one of your upcomings. Hope that makes sense.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 09:47:27 PM by Chisa »
[color=\"#9932CC\"]Chisa/Tiari[/color]

[color=\"#4169E1\"]Ex-rivalries/series/char0-m staffer; still a fanatic[/color]

Offline mailyn

• View Profile
    • http://coloryoursoul.com
Thanks guys! I really appreciated your help.  :)  :blink:
[color="#FF8C00"](\__/)

(='.'=)

('')_('') [/color][color="#9ACD32"]World domination is out. My bunny just wants a [/color]cookie.