TAFL Secret Santa
Type of event: exchange
Submissions: 15 days
Event duration: 4 weeks
Closure Day: Dec 23rd
Event status:
2009-closed
2010-closed

If someone wishes to run any of the above out-lined event please feel free to do so ^^/, you are always welcome to do so! :heart: Just try to take on the dates and let everybody at the boards know in due time so participants and fellow board members can follow them in time hehe~
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 09:57:35 PM by Mitzrael »
ソニア!ninja ^/_\^ | Items/Locations + Manga-ka & Directors + Music and Songs + Rivalries
Your daily dose of coffee in a pill [ rain awhile ]

Offline Mishiro

• View Profile
    • CrystalOrb
I would like to give a little suggestion about these little icon exchange events, may I? ;)
How about having an icon exchange week for the Chinese New Year festival, which my country celebrates, cause it's like the main event of the starting of a brand new year. :heart: The characters of the icons made can be chinese-oriented, like wearing ancient chinese clothing or mostly red in colour. :3
Mishiro | skycrown.org | sapphire.nu | fireslash.org

Offline Mitzrael

• TAFL Senior Staff
  • ^ just your average ninja :D
    • View Profile
    • http://rainawhile.net
[quote name='Beth' post='269617' date='Oct 24 2009, 11:07 PM']I would like to give a little suggestion about these little icon exchange events, may I? ;)
How about having an icon exchange week for the Chinese New Year festival, which my country celebrates, cause it's like the main event of the starting of a brand new year. ;) The characters of the icons made can be chinese-oriented, like wearing ancient chinese clothing or mostly red in colour. :3[/quote]It's a nice suggestion Beth. I was thinking in adding something for July/August though, so maybe the Obon or Tanabata (fixed days celebrations) would work best in this case. I'm also not sure wether Chinese New Year is celebrated in Japan ): so I'll check it up and see how it could fit in.  :heart:
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 12:32:57 AM by Mitzrael »
ソニア!ninja ^/_\^ | Items/Locations + Manga-ka & Directors + Music and Songs + Rivalries

Offline Mishiro

• View Profile
    • CrystalOrb
[quote name='Mitzrael' post='269618' date='Oct 25 2009, 12:29 PM'][quote name='Beth' post='269617' date='Oct 24 2009, 11:07 PM']I would like to give a little suggestion about these little icon exchange events, may I? :)
How about having an icon exchange week for the Chinese New Year festival, which my country celebrates, cause it's like the main event of the starting of a brand new year. ;) The characters of the icons made can be chinese-oriented, like wearing ancient chinese clothing or mostly red in colour. :3[/quote]It's a nice suggestion Beth. I was thinking in adding something for July/August though, so maybe the Obon or Tanabata (fixed days celebrations) would work best in this case. I'm also not sure wether Chinese New Year is celebrated in Japan ): so I'll check it up and see how it could fit in.  :heart:
[/quote]
Oh wow, Tanabata is known as the star festival. Hey, then there'll be star-themed icons, maybe? :3 Oh and here, as a Chinese in Malaysia, we called the seventh month according to the chinese/lunar calendar the hungry ghost festival, where hungry ghosts come out to lurk and we place fruits on the roadsides for those wandering souls. It's kinda creepy here, but after the seventh month, we celebrate our lantern festival where candles and brightly lit 'tanglungs' are hung everywhere. ;)

Offline Nekoi Echizen

• Hiruma; Kamina; Eyeshield 21; Gu
    • View Profile
    • http://ethereal-world.net/
Maybe it's out of the contet but since we're a group addict to anime, maybeeven the Hanami since lot of stuffs are realized by the authors releated to that holiday! :heart: Even the Hina matsuri would be cute since most of us are girls! Xp
[font=\'times new roman\']Bye bye![/font]

Adopting out all of my fanlistings, contact if you\'re interested.
[font=\'trebuchet ms\']TAFL[/ur

Offline Daphne

• TAFL Staff Alumni
    • View Profile
    • http://www.urbangeisha.net
How about making the Revamp Marathon an annual event? People usually have more time over the summer months (July-August), so it's a good way for people to update their fanlisting layouts :heart:
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 08:14:45 AM by Daphne »
◊ DAPHNE

Urban GeishaRising SunWinged Reviews

Offline Mishiro

• View Profile
    • CrystalOrb
[quote name='Daphne' post='269685' date='Oct 26 2009, 08:12 PM']How about making the Revamp Marathon an annual event? People usually have more time over the summer months (July-August), so it's a good way for people to update their fanlisting layouts ;)[/quote]
Yea, I totally support this idea, girl! ;) :) :heart:

Offline Mitzrael

• TAFL Senior Staff
    • View Profile
[quote name='Nekoi Echizen' post='269634' date='Oct 25 2009, 04:58 AM']Maybe it's out of the contet but since we're a group addict to anime, maybeeven the Hanami since lot of stuffs are realized by the authors releated to that holiday! :hug: Even the Hina matsuri would be cute since most of us are girls! Xp[/quote]Ah! That's a great idea indeed! >>; do you have the aprox dates o:

[quote name='Daphne' post='269685' date='Oct 26 2009, 07:12 AM']How about making the Revamp Marathon an annual event? People usually have more time over the summer months (July-August), so it's a good way for people to update their fanlisting layouts :heart:[/quote]Mmm.. I'm not sure. Marathons have their on dynamic already and it wouldn't be 'fair' to include just one of them as a board event and not the others :help:. However, it can become a stable one in the current list of Marathons, I'm sure it will be just as succsessful :help:/

--

Secret Santa event has now started!

Offline Nekoi Echizen

• Hiruma; Kamina; Eyeshield 21; Gu
    • View Profile
    • http://ethereal-world.net/
[quote name='Mitzrael' post='270234' date='Nov 8 2009, 01:59 AM'][quote name='Nekoi Echizen' post='269634' date='Oct 25 2009, 04:58 AM']Maybe it's out of the contet but since we're a group addict to anime, maybeeven the Hanami since lot of stuffs are realized by the authors releated to that holiday! :blink: Even the Hina matsuri would be cute since most of us are girls! Xp[/quote]Ah! That's a great idea indeed! >>; do you have the aprox dates o:
[/quote]

Of course! :wub: Hanami start the first week of spring so around the 21th March period! and the Hinamatsuri (the dolls/girls' day) is the 3 March! Maybe they are to near as events and it's better choice one only! >_> I don't think that all in tafl will be able to join in both in such a brief period of time!
There is also the Tanabata the 7th July! ;)
There are other tons of fest but I think it's better to keep the important ones!XD
[font=\'times new roman\']Bye bye![/font]

Adopting out all of my fanlistings, contact if you\'re interested.
[font=\'trebuchet ms\']TAFL[/ur

Offline Daphne

• TAFL Staff Alumni
    • View Profile
    • http://www.urbangeisha.net
[quote name='Mitzrael' post='270234' date='Nov 8 2009, 12:59 AM'][quote name='Daphne' post='269685' date='Oct 26 2009, 07:12 AM']How about making the Revamp Marathon an annual event? People usually have more time over the summer months (July-August), so it's a good way for people to update their fanlisting layouts ;)[/quote]Mmm.. I'm not sure. Marathons have their on dynamic already and it wouldn't be 'fair' to include just one of them as a board event and not the others :wub:. However, it can become a stable one in the current list of Marathons, I'm sure it will be just as succsessful :blink:/
[/quote]
I was just thinking that since this is a TAFL fanlistings only specific marathon, it would be nice for the TAFL boards to endorse it. The other marathons are usually for collectives or domains. It's ok if you don't want to include it though, I understand :yes:
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 06:53:41 PM by Daphne »
◊ DAPHNE

Urban GeishaRising SunWinged Reviews

Offline jumpluff

• View Profile
    • http://shaym.in/
Hi~I hope nobody minds a newbie making a suggestion, but I noticed, like is pointed out in the post, that the middle year is a bit blank ^^;. Maybe we could have a hanabi event in summer? For those here who haven't heard of it, hanabi is the Japanese word for fireworks (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fireworks#Jap...works_Festivals), and fireworks are a symbol for summer in Japan. So naturally there will be a lot of fireworks, heh. It's not a specific date, but it's an idea to put in the middle of the year! Maybe another codes exchange or something? Just an idea. Tanabata is a super awesome idea that's been brought up in this thread too!

I also thought of Golden Week, but that's more early-mid-year...
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 08:59:40 AM by jumpluff »

Offline Mitzrael

• TAFL Senior Staff
    • View Profile
[quote name='jumpluff' post='279587' date='Oct 9 2010, 07:58 AM']Hi~I hope nobody minds a newbie making a suggestion, but I noticed, like is pointed out in the post, that the middle year is a bit blank ^^;. Maybe we could have a hanabi event in summer? For those here who haven't heard of it, hanabi is the Japanese word for fireworks (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fireworks#Jap...works_Festivals), and fireworks are a symbol for summer in Japan. So naturally there will be a lot of fireworks, heh. It's not a specific date, but it's an idea to put in the middle of the year! Maybe another codes exchange or something? Just an idea. Tanabata is a super awesome idea that's been brought up in this thread too!

I also thought of Golden Week, but that's more early-mid-year...[/quote]^^; late reply, but yes we finally went on for the Tanabata event X_X and following Daphne's suggestion made it a layout-marathon. This will give people plenty of time to organize and make graphics at their leisure  :hug:

--
Please remember that I'm only listing events. Sign-ups and such will be opened given someone actually lead the events themselves <3

Offline Mitzrael

• TAFL Senior Staff
    • View Profile
Added Secret Santa'10 thread link :3!