The AnimeFanlistings Network Message Board

I'm a tad confused.

Aqua · 3 · 945

Offline Aqua

• Fanlistings, web-design, drawing
    • View Profile
    • http://thedizzyheavens.spookish.net
I have two questions ^^
In an earlier thread i was asking something about the songs category. I'm sure you've heard of "Eden of the east" the anime? Well, the opening song to that anime is an Oasis song, so, if on thefanlistings.org that song was already listed as a fanlist, would that cover it being the opening to the Eden of the east opening too? Or if you wanted, could you apply for that fanlisting as the song as the opening in a separate fanlist listed under TAFL? Sorry if its confusing ^^;;

My second question falls under a fanlisting i'm thinking of applying for.
I was thinking of applying for a fanlisting under the musicians category on TFL and you see, i re-read the rules for applying and i got a tad confused.

If the currently listed fanlisting is dead or has a problem, please report it to a staff member. This does not mean you can apply for it instead.

But you see, the fanlisting i was already thinking of applying for isn't listed under the category it should be listed and hasn't been updated since 2009.
Would that mean i could apply for it as its already been "reported"?

Thanks! :D

Offline Jackie

• TAFL Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • http://psyche.nu/
TFL and TAFL are separate networks. If you run a fanlisting at TFL, if the subject is also approvable at TAFL, you may submit an application for it at TAFL, and vice versa.

Or if you wanted, could you apply for that fanlisting as the song as the opening in a separate fanlist listed under TAFL?
Yes. TAFL and TFL may have separate fanlistings for songs that are anime openings/endings/theme songs. However, someone may apply and be approved at both TAFL and TFL, and in that case they can use the same site for both fanlistings (provided the site follows both networks' rules). TAFL songs are subcategorized by anime series names, while TFL songs are subcategorized by musician/band/singer names.

I was thinking of applying for a fanlisting under the musicians category on TFL and you see, i re-read the rules for applying and i got a tad confused.
TAFL and TFL are separate networks so questions about TFL rules must be addressed to TFL, not TAFL.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 11:52:53 AM by Jackie »
Jackie - Senior Staffer - Characters 0-M & N-Z - Movies/OVAs - General
The Fluffy Squirrel

Offline Mitzrael

• TAFL Senior Staff
  • ^ just your average ninja :D
    • View Profile
    • http://rainawhile.net
But you see, the fanlisting i was already thinking of applying for isn't listed under the category it should be listed and hasn't been updated since 2009.
Would that mean i could apply for it as its already been "reported"?
If it's not listed as approved or upcoming under its category, it means you may apply for it anytime as it has not been re-approved/listed since it was either removed from the network for troubles or, because the owner chose to close it.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 11:56:48 AM by Mitzrael »
ソニア!ninja ^/_\^ | Items/Locations + Manga-ka & Directors + Music and Songs + Rivalries
Your daily dose of coffee in a pill [ rain awhile ]