The AnimeFanlistings Network Message Board

Decision for listing approval based on comments

Guest · 2 · 700

Lady DinoBug

Hi there :)

Basically, here's my concern. I hope this hasn't been asked brought up. If it has, I missed it. ^_^U

I was reading the FAQ just now for an answer to a question completely unrelated to this post, and saw this: What happens when there are a lot of applications for one subject? Is it first come, first served?
...judge the applications on many different factors, such as the person's html skills, level of fanness (judged by comments etc.), number of...

I have HTML skills, and I followed the rules for applying within a section, but I didn't know comments were taken into consideration. I applied for some popular subjects, and my concern is someone else might have the opportunity to open it because they added comments to share their love...and I didn't. ^0^U

Anyway, I guess really what I'm saying is maybe add something on the Apply form, or the Rules, stating, "Hey, by the way, in case others are applying for this, tell us why we should pick you to run the listing" or "Let us know how much you love [fandom]!"

Nothing big, and I hope no one else applied for my listings xD but if I had known staffers took that into consideration, I would've written at length on how personal each listing choice made, is to me.

Thanks

Offline Marie

• TAFL Senior Staff
  • That girl who wants to be a pirate
    • View Profile
    • http://get-fighted.net
We've discussed this several times over the years (albeit not recently) but as was explained in this thread, comments are not the end-all-be-all of applications. We make approvals based on all the factors listed in the FAQ and each staffer processes apps differently - which means you shouldn't feel pressured to write us novels just because you think it will help your chances. As the old saying goes, it's quality over quantity, and that aside, each staffer is going to give each factor different weight.

Regardless, it is an applicants responsibility to read the Rules and FAQ, hopefully prior to actually applying, so we see no need to add such a note to the apply form.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 09:39:33 PM by Marie »
Marie; Senior Staffer - Characters N-Z
A love pirate? I am no love pirate. What do they mean by that?

get fighted & pirates & royal rebellion