The AnimeFanlistings Network Message Board

Can I adopt this out?

Offline Kathy

• View Profile
I have a question about a very particular case I'm facing...

Recently, my host moved me to a new URL without notifying me (by mistake). When I re-installed myself on the new URL, I decided that I would close down a large number of my fanlistings. Thus, I logged into Enthusiast and deleted a bunch of my fanlistings. I emailed all the members to notify them, I updated the main pages to reflect the closure, and I submitted the appropriate forms.

However, I remembered that I had a person on my KIM list for my Mashiro Rima fanlisting. Not remembering that I had already deleted the member database from Enthusiast, I contacted the person on the KIM list and asked if they were interested. They said yes, and I prepared to send over the layout and Enthusiast files, until I noticed that they were missing! That's when I realized that I had already deleted it a couple weeks ago.  :frustrated:

I already agreed to let this person run the fanlisting, but I'm not sure if I can still adopt it out to her if all the member information has gone missing! I also checked my computer for a backup file, and none was found.

This fanlisting is also on the troubles list for having a dead link since I had not anticipated that transferring the fanlisting over to the new owner would take so long.

What can I do?

Offline Mitzrael

• TAFL Senior Staff
  • ^ just your average ninja :D
    • View Profile
    • http://rainawhile.net
Hello Kathy,

There's nothing against you adopting the fanlisting out even without the members list. However, given it's already been placed under Troubles do contact the category staffer in a reply to the troubles email you got and request an extension, explaining why the fanlisting is down.

I would also advice that you contact the new owner so he/she can have the fanlisting up faster as to avoid further issues. Once the FL is up, let the Troubles staffer know so she can take it off the troubles list (the F/U/C staffer will see that the link and owner information is updated)

If you have further inquiries please submit a contact form under the appropriate category.  :flower:
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 05:18:00 PM by Mitzrael »
ソニア!ninja ^/_\^ | Items/Locations + Manga-ka & Directors + Music and Songs + Rivalries
Your daily dose of coffee in a pill [ rain awhile ]