The AnimeFanlistings Network Message Board

category suggestion

Guan · 2 · 861

Offline Guan

• View Profile
    • http://aenghus.com
I posted a message regarding fanlistings for individual artbooks earlier in the general forum, the I found that the answer is no...

I'm just asking for the senior staff to take in consideration of approving individual artbooks and artbooks of fanlistings. Because it's a very broad subject matter, and I'm sure a lot of people are fans of different individual artbooks. I mean, we have "songs" and "music of" fanlistings, to me, having artbook fanlistings make more sense than having anime music fanlistings, after all, artbooks are strictly anime/manga related while songs can be in the categories of tfl.org.

If this subject had been brought up before or if tafl.org has some technical difficulties regarding this subject, please accept my apologies, ^^

Offline Mella

• TAFL Staff Alumni
  • Anime/Manga of course. Favorite
    • View Profile
    • http://legilimens.org/
Hi Guan. -_-

I believe, the general consensus is that an "Artbook Of: Series" fanlisting is essentially the same thing as saying you are a fan of the art of said series which is really, really close to the same concept of a general series fanlisting.  This is because the art of the manga-ka or animators/character designers is probably 80-90% the, errr...soul of a series.  [The other 10-20% compromising of music, plot/story and any of the other factors that compromise a manga or anime series.]

I really don't know if I'm making any sense, I'm having a difficult time articulating...

But yes, we have discussed this before and Artbooks Of being so close to just an Art Of fanlisting and that seeming redundant when paired with the existence of Series fanlistings is why the decision was no.
>> Mella .. [ Senior Staffer | Ninja | BL-h0e ]

>> FL Collective: Legilimens.Org | Personal: MellaDrama.Com | Fan of me?

>> Latest: Love