The AnimeFanlistings Network Message Board

Hey, wait a minute...

Guest · 3 · 1001

Meryl

Since my previous post thread has now been locked, I must post a new message.  I posted in this forum expressly because the description says that it is for *discussion* and *not* summary answers by the senior staff.  By locking it I cannot ask any further questions.  That seems a bit off.  

So...in order to ask the questions that I continue to have, I will continue my discussion in another thread.

Thus...

Rosemary wrote:  "We do not approve fanlistings for purely physical character aspects (as you will see in the rules of certain categories, such as the character ones). Any physical aspects of a character are already covered by their approved character fanlisting."

Yes, I certainly can read that the rules do *not currently* allow such an approval.  ( :D )  But I still have questions:

1)  Has such a category been considered?  If so, how long ago, and what was the nature of the discussion?  As I said, I attempted to search to board archives to find evidence of such a discussion, and wasn't able to find any.
2)  The answer suggests that "aspects are already covered".  Is there a compelling reason why we cannot *discuss* the possibility that there might be a felt need for another category?  Or even to see if members of fandom or listing communities like this one actually believe that "design" and "character" are synonymous things?

Now, such a reason might be as simple as, "the difficulty of adding another category makes such a move logistically unfeasible."  Ok, I'm fine with that, but I think I asked a legitimate question in a polite and respectful manner, and I don't think a bit more time devoted to it is unreasonable.  Thanks!  :D
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 02:33:46 PM by Meryl »

Haley

I staff over at The Physical Fanlistings Network, and am in charge of a category that used to (and still somewhat does) deal with anime/manga related fanlisting. TPFL recently did an overhaul on February 2nd, 2008 where all anime/manga fanlistings were removed. You pretty much answered your own question when you said '[Rosemary's] answer suggests that "aspects are already covered"': that's exactly the reason why we at TPFL removed the listings. Rosemary is right. We feel at TPFL that the current fanlistings here at TAFL for characters cover everything of a character, including their physical appearance. The physical appearance of a character is something that makes the character. That's also why we at TPFL stopped approving topics for "style", "voice", "smile", etc. They are already covered when someone makes a physical fanlisting as a whole.

I don't see why the senior staff should even discuss adding a physical category: it's like adding double the fanlistings for the same topic, IMO. If you want to make a physical fanlisting for a character, you don't need network approval to make one. So I doubt TAFL will be adding a "physical" category anytime soon.

Hope that answers your questions!

Offline Rosemary

• TAFL Staff Alumni
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rubyjuls.com
I'm sorry if my previous answer was not clear enough. Approved character fanlistings here at TAFL, as I said already, cover ALL ASPECTS of a character.  That includes any physical aspects people may be a fan of.  Since that is the case, we will not be creating any type of category(s) specifically for physical aspects since they're already covered in preexisting categories.

I appreciate the fact that you are new to our board and as such are not familiar with how things are run at our network or message board (which is why I shall excuse your second post and the rude tone of said post).  As always, when someone makes a suggestion, we take it under consideration.  The senior staff, however, has the final say in network decisions and may not always carry out various suggestions, though we always appreciate any input our visitors may give us.  At this time, TAFL has no plans to create additional categories.  If that changes at some future point, we will make an announcement about it.  The senior staff also may close any thread in this or any other forum that they feel has been answered completely  and requires no further discussion.

I hope I have cleared up any confusion you may have had and that you enjoy your time at our network and message board. :D
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 11:18:03 PM by Rosemary »

Rosemary {Network Owner}
http://www.rubyjuls.com\'>Ruby\'s Domain|http://fan.whiteplums.com/coll\'>The Flames of Addiction|