The AnimeFanlistings Network Message Board

Suggestion: Category named in confirm. for Sent Forms

Hal · 4 · 1139

Offline Hal

• Sadly, closed. Life\'s more than
    • View Profile
Not trying to lay any guilt (I have no hate for you Buruma, Mercedes!! Please don't feel bad!! (D:), but because I was recently put on trouble in the Songs category because my finished form wasn't received... I started wondering if it might have been my fault, too, like if I had accidentally submitted it to the series or toys/collectibles categories... (I don't know if you respond to those to correct people, so.)

Since you don't send out confirmation emails anymore, every time I send in a form I copy the confirm to LJ (handy little thing, really) right afterwards as to keep a date/time record. Looking at the records, none of the confirms, in either applications or finished, and perhaps even other things, tell you which category you submitted your information to. In fact, for the finished forms at least, the confirmation for Characters reads identical as it does for Songs.

Finished, from Characters 0-M
Thank You, {Name}!

Your finished form for the {Series}: {Chara} fanlisting has been received. A staff member will process the form and you should hear back within 2-3 weeks (hopefully sooner!). :)
Finished, from Songs
Thank You, {Name}!

Your finished form for the {Series}: {Title} fanlisting has been received. A staff member will process the form and you should hear back within 2-3 weeks (hopefully sooner!). :)
Because I was busy and I thought the form would get to you, I didn't double-check here if my finished form for my song listing went through. But because, also, the confirmation is identical to that of finished form's confirmation for Characters, I also don't know if I even sent it to the right category.

I don't know how your contact form works specifically, but is it possible to get the Categories-to-which-you-submitted listed in the confirmations, like you do with the sender's name and what subject the submitted for? Kinda like this?:

Application
Thank You, {Name}

Your application for the {Category}: {Series}: {Subject} fanlisting has been received. A staff member will process the application and you should hear back within 2-3 weeks (hopefully sooner!). :)

Please note that we have turned auto-responders off due to load on the server. Consider this your auto-responder. DO NOT RESUBMIT your application. Thank you.

Finished
Thank You, {Name}!

Your finished form for the {Category}: {Series}: {Subject} fanlisting has been received. A staff member will process the form and you should hear back within 2-3 weeks (hopefully sooner!). :)

Offline Mitzrael

• TAFL Senior Staff
  • ^ just your average ninja :D
    • View Profile
    • http://rainawhile.net
I think we could always look for a way to improve our system if considered necessary.
However, you can always ask for your form status and reception confirmation (application and/or finished) at the "Did you get my form" threads at the categories forums OR contact the staffer(s) in charge filling in a contact form. Either way has been working fine so far :)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 09:56:57 PM by Mitzrael »
ソニア!ninja ^/_\^ | Items/Locations + Manga-ka & Directors + Music and Songs + Rivalries
Your daily dose of coffee in a pill [ rain awhile ]

Offline Hal

• Sadly, closed. Life\'s more than
    • View Profile
Yeah, I know, and I normally do. (I normally post here because it's quicker than a contact form, because I know your emails must be swamped.) :3

Only this is the first time I didn't. I've been busy and it was close to the deadline; but I've sent in several forms over the last few months and each one of them had been received. Getting cozy in that notion led me to feel confidant in the form's reception at the email, something that has happened to everyone I would imagine, so I thought it was fine to not check just this one time... and it didn't make it. D:

Since it's been exactly two weeks and two days since I sent in my initial finished form that spurred this idea (:3), I think it'd be a little silly to write up the other categories and ask if I accidentally sent it there now. (What do you do with misdirected emails? Do you keep them? Forward them to the poor person? Just delete them? I don't even know if they'd remember, either way.) But with the category listed on the confirmation page along with the other details, it'd rule out or in a misdirecting right then and there. :33

I would also imagine not everybody checks up on the status of their forms, too, (I honestly feel like such a bother asking about them, even (another reason for why I use the board over contact form), so just overall knowing you sent your form (at the least) to the right category would plain just be a load off them.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 03:24:58 PM by Hal »

Offline Mitzrael

• TAFL Senior Staff
  • ^ just your average ninja :D
    • View Profile
    • http://rainawhile.net
Like I mentioned previously, we will look into it and see if it is a necessary (and viable) step to take by talking with the Network Developer before we implement any changes to our forms. Saying that, please keep in mind that it is ultimately up to the submitter to follow up on his/her forms and whether they were sent to the appropriate category or not. Even while we rarely have trouble with forms, things happen (like this time around) and we, unfortunately cannot guarantee every form makes it through.

Oh, and since it's been pointed out, :3, we do forward emails/forms sent to the wrong category onto the right category, so no worries there  :)

Anyway, since I believe your issue is being taken care of and this thread has served its purpose I'll close it now. Thank you for the suggestions ;)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 11:00:05 PM by Mitzrael »
ソニア!ninja ^/_\^ | Items/Locations + Manga-ka & Directors + Music and Songs + Rivalries
Your daily dose of coffee in a pill [ rain awhile ]