The AnimeFanlistings Network Message Board

Dubbed anime?

Adia · 3 · 1081

Offline Adia

• View Profile
I just have a question that popped into my head from this thread.  Does that mean that someone could apply for 'Sailor Moon' over at TFL, and mean the dubbed version only?  Meaning, that the dubbed and original versions are being treated completely seperatly (ie. that there potentially could be a Mamoru/Usagi fanlisting and a Darien/Serena fanlisting?).  I've always considered the fanlistings at TAFL to cover both the original and dubbed versions?

Hope that makes some sense  >:)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2005, 08:04:57 PM by Adia »
xx Adia

TFL Ambassador - Partners with the spiffy folks at TAFL!

This post was brought to you by the words LOST

Offline Jackie

• TAFL Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • http://psyche.nu/
Yes, the TAFL fanlistings cover the original versions (both anime and manga versions), translated versions, and dubbed versions >:)  Even when it comes to changes and edits, they're pretty much the same thing.  I think most FLs at TAFL like the original or faithfully translated/dubbed versions best though <3
« Last Edit: January 19, 2005, 09:14:37 PM by Jackie »
Jackie - Senior Staffer - Characters 0-M & N-Z - Movies/OVAs - General
The Fluffy Squirrel

Offline Danielle

• TAFL Founder
    • View Profile
    • http://hoshichan.com/
To add to that, we have also cross-listed characters and relationships from Sailor Moon that were in the tv live-action series at TFL, to make it clear that it's the same character, just in a different venue. Original anime Usagi is the same as dubbed anime Usagi as manga Usagi as musical Usagi as live-action Usagi. Same character, different medias. We try to avoid potentially duplicate fanlistings if at all possible. ^^;

As to the specific issue of dub vs original songs in anime, we highlight the difference because often the dub-song is quite different than the original song, performed by different artists -- in the case of Sailor Moon, again, the original opening Moonlight Densetsu, the dub opening took the basic melody and set it against completely different (*cough*annoying*) lyrics.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2005, 10:24:31 PM by Danielle »

D A N I E L L E

TAFL Founder, General Nuisance