The Anime Fanlistings Network > General Questions and Discussion

a new way to sort the fanlistings

(1/3) > >>

Ilona-chan:
Hi guys! I would like to suggest a new sorting option for the fanlistings listed. I'm not familiar with PHP, so I don't know if this is possible. :P

Sometimes, I would like to know what fanlistings are listed for a particular series. I'd like to know if there's already a fanlisting I could join for character x from series y. Or the relationship between a and b from series c. ;) This 'sort by series' would be an option beside the list by category-alphabetically. I'm sorry if this has been suggested before. And I'm sorry if this is too hard to work out. But I think that this would be a good idea.. :no:

Soo..what do you think? :)

Chisa:
So ... like a search engine? :no:

Ilona-chan:
It could be a search engine. Or add a "sort by series" link in approved.php. Then when someone selects a series, all fanlistings which are under the series will be displayed. Something like..
--- Quote ---Browsing fanlistings: series name

Characters
A
B
C

Episodes[/b]

Relationships[/b]
A & B
B & C
A & C
--- End quote ---

Mitzrael:
I'm not very familiar with the backend or anything, but I think this usually eats lots of server resources ^^; but yes it's a neat idea. =P

Chisa:
I'm really not all that familiar with server stuff, everything I know I learned from other people but I'm pretty sure a search engine idea has been brought up over at TFL, and it was decided that it would eat way too much server power. TAFL doesn't use up as much resources as TFL, but it still uses a lot, so ... I'm not quite sure.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version