Fanlisting Management > Fanlistings Chit-Chat

Songs category: not so popular anymore?

(1/3) > >>

Akira:
First time for me to open a thread here, but I was curious about what everyone else think about this topic :bounce:

In the last months (but I'd say there are signs of this also in the last year and a little more too..), I've noticed that the Songs category is not "popular" as it used to be. I mean, it doesn't get as many application as it used to, and many of the opening/endings of the anime of the recent seasons, even the most popular series, don't have a fanlisting. I was wondering, am I the only one who got the feeling that fanlistings for songs are not so charming for fanlistings owner anymore?

Or is it just that it's a period in which the quality of the openings/endings is not as high as in the past? Well, that's a matter of personal tastes, obviously... but I feel like there is more than that. Also, I have the impression that lots of songs that used to be very popular, when removed don't get any application. It's true that the popularity and the number of application decrease also for characters and series too, when time goes by and the fandoms are replaced, but I feel like the Songs category suffers this effect even more.

Or maybe, could be that fanlistings owners, nowadays more than in the past, prefere to focus on characters/series/relationships and consider them more "important", so they prefere not to increase the overall number of their fanlistings or of fanlistings in that fandom, especially if they have other wishes related to that series?

What do you think?

Nami:
Hmm, I don't own any Songs fanlisting, because is really hard (for me?) to find a song that I would fall in love with. I mean for example FMWS has a lot of good songs (really good!), but I'm not "in love" with any of them (damn, my english). But I have one song that I'd love to make a fanlisting for .. but it's already taken :I (I was wondering, is it possible to make a fanlisting for a dubbed song? I love Digimon's first opening (Butterfly - and this song already has a fanlisting) in german version (Leb deinen Traum)? It's actually the same song ...)- and I hope you'll understand what I want to ask :<>

Mitzrael:
There's a large variety of reasons behind that indeed but in my case it's mostly because I haven't been following any new series/fandom in a while at least in the anime side. I keep grabbing lots of manga though but those don't have OP/ED xD;. Also, even new OP/ED on still on-going series (ie: Shippuden to name one) have been lacking great themes for a while now x: it's kinda hard to see say, UVERworld, performing an Opening theme on the 7th or so season so it's more likely to not have a big name performer + big title song being featured ): that's kinda sad but that's how I see it so far.

Akira:
Thanks for your replies, Nami and Mitzrael! :D

Nami: don't worry, your english is fine and I've understood what you mean! :D Well, guess it's something personal, though >_< (and I think you can apply, there are a couple of Sailor Moon and Tsubasa Chronicle song listed with their english version, If I am not mistaken, but better ask Tec, I think ;)

Mitzrael: I got your point, actually I haven't thought about the most popular series not having "good" songs and huge perfomer/groups for their 6th/7th seasons.. That's one of the reasons for sure ^_^

I'd be happy to read more opinions, if someone else has something to say! >_<

Bura-san:
Hm, difficult. I actually own two song fanlistings, one I even opened in 2011. I listen to a lot of anime music and I adore a lot of songs, but I only apply for songs that I can't get enough of.
It's also the fact that not so many people seem to join song fanlistings... Yeah! Break! Care! Break! managed to get 10 in two years, and Kuchizuke 3 which I opened last February (but who knows how many more people will be joining this upcoming time).
I also remember my previous Cha-La Head-Cha-La (DBZ) fanlisting not being all that popular, I ran that song fanlisting for a few years.

Though today I was actually think about applying for another song though! But I kind of own a lot in that franchise already (Shiki) so that's why I haven't (yet) :sweatdrop:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version