The AnimeFanlistings Network Message Board

TAFL Survey!

Marie · 109 · 10126

Offline Jackie

• TAFL Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • http://psyche.nu/
18. Which do you prefer: applying for adoptions or applying at the Network?
I think applying at the network since, in a general sense, I know what to expect.  Adoptions are very dependent upon each individual subject and the fanlisting owner.  But I've been approved for fanlistings very dear to me both via the network and via adoptions, so I can't really complain either way <3<3

19. If you could make any one thread at TAFL, what would it be?
I ditto a thread on Kubology.  And the TAFL trivia thread though I think I would sadly lose at this :|

20. You associate (member/group) with (subject) ?
LOL, everyone's associations are all so cute!  *is definitely a squirrel~* <3<3<3  And I claim dibs on Athena.  *gives Sarahchu some wings~*

Mmm.  I don't know what I really associate people with - probably characters, relationships, and series.  Sarah is a chipmunk in my mind but also Sasuke; Buru is forever Chibiusa to me; Mitz is Uchiha!cest; Marie is Luffy and Ichigo!jailbait; Shal is Just Kaien; Rose is Tomoe; and so on. :blink:
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 02:51:47 PM by Jackie »
Jackie - Senior Staffer - Characters 0-M & N-Z - Movies/OVAs - General
The Fluffy Squirrel

Offline Tess

• TAFL Staff Alumni
    • View Profile
    • http://rusalka.in
[quote name='Yamila' post='270337' date='Nov 9 2009, 10:56 AM']20. You associate (member/group) with (subject) ?
o_o eh... never thought about this (I don't tend to put people in groups...) but if I think of it, probably the ranks in Naruto (only that there are like 5/6 Sannin instead of 3 XD)
But like Marie, I also tend to associate people with characters xDDD Saya = Yuuko, Nekoi = Yoko, Wen = Neil, Marie = Ichigo, Mitzie = Kaname, Masao = Alle and so on xDDDD inb4 Mila = Graham[/quote]
I do unconsciously think of different members as characters! :blink: Marie is definitely Ichigo (I sometimes can't watch him without thinking "...Marie"), Estefania as Roy and Jackie as Rukia? :wub:

Adoptions, definitely! There's sometimes less (but not always!) applying on other people's part, and for me, the rejection doesn't sting as much? Or maybe my emotions are shot...

IDK if the threads I have in mind are here and I'm blind, but threads like these! TFL (sorry for the reference!) has various threads in the TC forum about favourite music, favourite movies, favourite (fictional) characters, etc., and they are really fun. Now that I think of it, there are threads like those here, but I just like answering questions.

Sometimes various forms of ninjas come to mind on this one. No idea which ninjas, just ninjas. (Though the Senior Staff give up this kingly vibe, so I automatically think Zeus! Hades! Various Kings of England! I wanted to write a story based off the SS and their almighty power...)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 01:54:14 PM by Tess »

Offline Marie

• TAFL Senior Staff
  • That girl who wants to be a pirate
    • View Profile
    • http://get-fighted.net
*will fight with Mitz for Hades!* :blink: :wub:

[quote name='Yamila' post='270337' date='Nov 9 2009, 10:56 AM']19. If you could make any one thread at TAFL, what would it be?
A GUNDAM 00 DISCUSSION THREAD FOR WHEN THE MOVIE IS ABOUT TO BE RELEASED o_ó /was actually planning to do so *dork*[/quote]
:o Wasn't there a Gundam thread? You should definitely make one! I'm surprised you Mecha nuts haven't yet! :P

[quote name='Sarah' post='270341' date='Nov 9 2009, 12:11 PM']20. You associate (member/group) with (subject) ?
...I wonder if that's weird, but I swear it's the truth. People give me pink vibes. *nods* At least most do, we won't go into the rest. (cough) ;)[/quote]
It's definitely weird. >>; DO NOT RELATE ME TO THAT GUY.

[quote name='Jackie' post='270342' date='Nov 9 2009, 12:36 PM']18. Which do you prefer: applying for adoptions or applying at the Network?
I think applying at the network since, in a general sense, I know what to expect.  Adoptions are very dependent upon each individual subject and the fanlisting owner.  But I've been approved for fanlistings very dear to me both via the network and via adoptions, so I can't really complain either way <3<3[/quote]
That's my feelings on adoptions too. :yes: They're much more personal, so it's hard to know what to expect, but that can be just as rewarding an experience, hehe. ;)

... also, I totally read that association bit wrong and will let you imagine how. But LOL, Just Kaien.

[quote name='Tess' post='270345' date='Nov 9 2009, 01:53 PM']I do unconsciously think of different members as characters! :lol: Marie is definitely Ichigo (I sometimes can't watch him without thinking "...Marie"), Estefania as Roy and Jackie as Rukia? :o[/quote]

*is embarassingly pleased about this* Ohemgee, I'm seriously such a loser over here, LOL.

But, you know, this is actually really interesting. Dale was trying to tell me that I'm the only "weirdo" out there that associates people with characters, but based on this thread, looks like Dale is the real weirdo. :P HARD EVIDENCE.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 02:39:02 PM by Marie »
Marie; Senior Staffer - Characters N-Z
A love pirate? I am no love pirate. What do they mean by that?

get fighted & pirates & royal rebellion

Offline Shalott

• TAFL Staff Alumni
    • View Profile
    • http://fan.nameless-way.com
At the Network, over all. Adoptions are stressful because unless the person is a friend, I don't really know what to expect from them - was my application long enough, detailed enough or are the going to find something lacking in either my application or myself? Stuff like that causes me constant worry, which is not present with applications at the Network.

Thirding Kubology. I almost feel badly, witholding such powerful information from the general populace. T_T

I am really, REALLY bad at remembering names, so I always associate people with their domains or websites. :wub: So say if, Susan is brought up in conversation but I can't recall this person, I need someone to tell me "Susan runs susans-sites.com" and then I will totally remember that person!  :blink:

[quote name='Saya' post='270328' date='Nov 9 2009, 07:26 AM']20. You associate (member/group) with (subject) ?
Senior staffers = Olympus (Should I also give every staffer a greek god?)
Category staffers = myth. heroes (demi-gods - at least one parent is a god)
Truble Chackers = myth. beasts (you know those who[/quote]

I would like to be Ares, pls. <3

ETA: Wife, despite Kubo's contant presence in our lives I do associate you more with Luffy than Ichigo, ha ha! (Gives Kubo the big finger)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 02:38:00 PM by Shalott »

Offline Sarah

• TAFL Staff Alumni
  • Describe Sarah\'s life with 3 wo
    • View Profile
    • http://sky-below.net
*snugs Jackieness~!* ;) Wiiingsssss! :wub: A chipmunk with wings! (cough) <3

[quote name='Marie' post='270347' date='Nov 9 2009, 08:35 PM'][quote name='Sarah' post='270341' date='Nov 9 2009, 12:11 PM']20. You associate (member/group) with (subject) ?
...I wonder if that's weird, but I swear it's the truth. People give me pink vibes. *nods* At least most do, we won't go into the rest. (cough) :yes:[/quote]
It's definitely weird. >>; DO NOT RELATE ME TO THAT GUY.[/quote]
...it's not. It's not my fault you guys are so pink. :lol: LOL YES I WILL~ The more I think about this, the more I like the comparison, lol.

Also. This:

[quote name='Marie' post='270347' date='Nov 9 2009, 08:35 PM']But, you know, this is actually really interesting. Dale was trying to tell me that I'm the only "weirdo" out there that associates people with characters, but based on this thread, looks like Dale is the real weirdo. ;) HARD EVIDENCE.[/quote]
Just.. shut up.

..even tho I might or might not have thought the same thing earlier >>; NOT that I'm the weirdo ;fhjsf but ... that you might not be the only one. /runs from the rest of the boards :P :blink:
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 02:51:23 PM by Sarah »
[color="#FF0000"]♥[/color] ~ [color="#fbacbc"]S[/color]arah [color="#000000"] | [/color] [color="#5face2"]sky[/color][color="#828282"]-below.net[/color]

love  [color="#000000"] is endless [/color]

Offline Rileth

• TAFL Staff Alumni
    • View Profile
    • http://www.natsukage.nu
[quote name='Saya' post='270328' date='Nov 9 2009, 02:26 PM']20. You associate (member/group) with (subject) ?
Truble Chackers = myth. beasts (you know those who guard, check and stuff)[/quote]

lol, that's an original idea :P, although I find it difficult to think at people here on these terms (characters are way easier)
Peraphs I could be Aeneas (and just because he was decent enough in both the Aeneid than in the Divina Commedia, which aren't half bad to study).
Btw most myths don't have a nice ending  :wub:

My turn!

01. Your name
Giorgia (I wonder why almost everybody mispell it ;))

02. Total number of TAFL fanlistings
More or less 90

03. Do you have an FL collective?
*runs and hide* I'm still under the process of revamping it (damn Enth) so it's still on hiatus

04. Who/What got you into TAFL?
Honestly, I can't remember. I think the first time I got into fanlistings was around 2001. I found out about them due to the codes on the site of a friend and I wanted to find out what they were about. I remember that I was disappointed in not finding some fanlistings for some subjects I really loved, but I wasn't actually thinking about making any (also because I had no idea on how to create a website in the first place). Later on I decided to give it a try. I used to have some animefanlistings before the creation of TAFL, but nowadays I don't think I still own any of them :lol:

05. Which fanlisting owners inspire you the most? (Limit 3!)
Only 3? This is cruel ;). I'd say Mitz, Marie and Sarah

06. Which fanlisting owners blow you away with their designs? (Limit 3!)
Same as above?

07. What's your favorite category?
Ehrm I love all the categories, can't make a choice :P

08. Which category do you have the most fanlistings in?
Characters N-Z  :blink:

09. What's your favorite part of the fanlisting process?
Building the fanlisting and sometimes writing the application (but it depends on the mood and on the subject)

10. What's your least favorite part of the fanlisting process?
The codes. I don't really hate making them, but I can't really choose when I have too many images and how to cut them, I envy the pretty codes made by some people here,

11. If you could apply for anything, no rules attached, what would it be?
Ah ah nice question. I just have to convince myself to apply for Camus or Saint Seiya :yes:

12. Favorite fanlisting layout?
There are too many layouts I love, definetely.

13. What’s the first thing you do when you sign on the boards?
I usually check new messages, although it doesn't have to be something I'm completely interested in.

14. What is your favorite forum?
Fanlistings Chit-Chat.

15. What's your favorite avatar?
Dunno. I usually don't mind that much avatars (maybe because I'm too lazy to regullary make new ones)

16. What's something you’ve always wondered about TAFL &/or fanlistings?
I add myself to the crew of those who "don't understand why people complain or dislike fanlistings". I think that most of those who make negative comments about fanlisting don't understand what they are. Some say they are a waste of time, but who cares, if it's free time it doesn't really matter if it's something useful or not. Than, I find fanlistings useful. Thanks to them I opened my mind to new things, some of which became my favourite. I think they are an original way to learn something new

17. Did you know...?
I have tried all the scripts plus manual updating for my fanlistings. Scripts are actually so useful, but manual updating was peraphs more fun.

I'd say the network, because I don't really check that frequently adoption threads and sometimes I apply too late.

I think there are enough interesting threads.

I do associate some people with some particular characters, but I find it a little difficult with groups.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 04:02:48 PM by Rileth »
[color="#0000FF"]Awards[/color], [color="#0000FF"]Songs (T)[/color], [color="#0000FF"]Toys & Collectibles[/color]

[color="#008000"]Characters N-Z TC[/color]

Fan of me?

Latest: Aquarius Dégel  

Plug: [url="http://koba

Offline Rosemary

• TAFL Staff Alumni
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rubyjuls.com
*puts Marie and Sarah on the spot*  Inquiring minds want to know what shade of pink and character I am!

You associate (member/group) with (subject) ?
I tend to associate everyone with the fanlisting(s) they own.

Rosemary {Network Owner}
http://www.rubyjuls.com\'>Ruby\'s Domain|http://fan.whiteplums.com/coll\'>The Flames of Addiction|

Offline Sarah

• TAFL Staff Alumni
  • Describe Sarah\'s life with 3 wo
    • View Profile
    • http://sky-below.net
[quote name='Rosemary' post='270360' date='Nov 9 2009, 10:42 PM']*puts Marie and Sarah on the spot*  Inquiring minds want to know what shade of pink and character I am![/quote]
Roger that! :blink:

Rose is like this: [color=\"#ca0f5e\"]♥[/color] :wub: Soooo a v.v. strong and pretty pink that's leaaaning a bit towards red. *nods* <33 xDD

.. maybe I should post the rest too. *ponders*
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 05:08:40 PM by Sarah »
[color="#FF0000"]♥[/color] ~ [color="#fbacbc"]S[/color]arah [color="#000000"] | [/color] [color="#5face2"]sky[/color][color="#828282"]-below.net[/color]

love  [color="#000000"] is endless [/color]

Offline Hakka

• Manga. Comics. Slash & yaoi.
    • View Profile
    • http://snakes-and-dragons.org
If I have to say it bluntly, I prefer adoptions, but only because opening a fanlisting from scratch makes me really sad ( hate when members list gets lost  :wub:). Anyway, as long as I'm in love with the subject, it doesn't really matter.
But, generally, I quote Marie's answer, because she's got the point!

I surf this board very little, so I'm not the right person to ask this question. ._.

I usually associate the owners to a fanlisting of theirs, except for Marie who is Luffy/One Piece and Mitz who is Uchihacest (ok, both of them have the actual fanlisting of that subject so :blink: )

[quote name='Saya' post='270328' date='Nov 9 2009, 02:26 PM']20. You associate (member/group) with (subject) ?
Truble Chackers = myth. beasts (you know those who guard, check and stuff)

I so suck with associating T.T[/quote]
You don't suck, I really love this idea! *__*
Seems Hades is really loved, here (my fave God too)!  :yes:  I'll be a loyal soldier standing for boss Mitz as Hades, sorry Marie! ;)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 05:08:34 PM by Hakka »
\"Give Sasuke back! He doesn\'t belong to you!\" - but to me...

Scorpion in disguise - Beware of the sting!
Dux

~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~ ~¤~ ~¤~ ~¤~ ~¤~ ~¤~ ~¤~

Co

Offline Yamila

• View Profile
    • http://cielo-azul.org/
[quote name='Marie' post='270347' date='Nov 9 2009, 04:35 PM'][quote name='Yamila' post='270337' date='Nov 9 2009, 10:56 AM']19. If you could make any one thread at TAFL, what would it be?
A GUNDAM 00 DISCUSSION THREAD FOR WHEN THE MOVIE IS ABOUT TO BE RELEASED o_ó /was actually planning to do so *dork*[/quote]
;) Wasn't there a Gundam thread? You should definitely make one! I'm surprised you Mecha nuts haven't yet! :wub:[/quote]
Well o-o last one was before the ending of Season 1... >_> I'm always tempted to create a new one, I should see... (you can expect tons of spazz, fangirling, and crazy speculation... (really, this is G00. YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT) if that happens...)) for now, there aren't much news -in terms of new productions and all ; new official material as novels and mangas are still driving us nuts >_>- related to the series D: Also, there's the Unicorn series coming :3

:blink:
yamila · Latest: Jojo[color=#0

Offline Marie

• TAFL Senior Staff
    • View Profile
[quote name='Shalott' post='270348' date='Nov 9 2009, 02:35 PM']ETA: Wife, despite Kubo's contant presence in our lives I do associate you more with Luffy than Ichigo, ha ha! (Gives Kubo the big finger)[/quote]
;) That's because you have a map ... of my heart. /cheesy kishimoto moment

[quote name='Rosemary' post='270360' date='Nov 9 2009, 04:42 PM']*puts Marie and Sarah on the spot*  Inquiring minds want to know what shade of pink and character I am![/quote]
Nakago, bb. :yes:

[quote name='Hakka' post='270363' date='Nov 9 2009, 05:08 PM']20. You associate (member/group) with (subject) ?
I usually associate the owners to a fanlisting of theirs, except for Marie who is Luffy/One Piece and Mitz who is Uchihacest (ok, both of them have the actual fanlisting of that subject so :blink: )[/quote]
:wub: :lol:

You guys have such interesting answers! *really loves this activity*

Offline Kibou

• TAFL Staff Alumni
    • View Profile
    • http://c-minor.org
*blushes at all the mentions of me* :yes: Fiiiiiinally getting around to filling this myself:

01. Your name
Kibou. It's an alias. I picked it because it means 'hope'.

02. Total number of TAFL fanlistings
19 & 1 upcoming adoption. 20 is such a nice number! :o

03. Do you have an FL collective?
Sun & Snow. It lists my TAFL fanlistings only.

04. Who/What got you into TAFL?
She's not around anymore but Kokoro. I knew her through affiliating our CardCaptor Sakura sites way back. She told me about fanlistings when I asked about the codes on her blog and the few that she owned.

05. Which fanlisting owners inspire you the most? (Limit 3!)
Rose, Marie & Jackie. They're just so dedicated to their FLs and the network.

06. Which fanlisting owners blow you away with their designs? (Limit 3!)
Estee, Janice & Sarah :blink: Plus many many more of course! ;) Originality and great use of colour are what gets to me.

07. What's your favorite category?
Raburabu~ :wub: It's just LOVE! :o I've trouble checked the category since '05 and staffed it for a year now *huggles it*

08. Which category do you have the most fanlistings in?
Characters 0-M with 8. Closely followed by Relationships with 7. I actually only have fanlistings in 3 categories right now heh.

09. What's your favorite part of the fanlisting process?
Hearing the outcome of applications. Approvals are definitely exciting to receive. But even with rejections, I'm usually excited and curious to see who got it.

10. What's your least favorite part of the fanlisting process?
When my layouts get outdated and I don't like them anymore but it's so hard to come up with something new so the poor sites just sit there for ages not looking pretty. Does that count? XD

11. If you could apply for anything, no rules attached, what would it be?
Um, I don't think there is anything hmm.

12. Favorite fanlisting layout?
I can't think of ONE off the top of my head. Too many @___@;

13. What’s the first thing you do when you sign on the boards?
Click the 'view new posts' link :lol:

14. What is your favorite forum?
Hot Topics. Specifically, the approvals thread especially after one of my own application updates. :D

15. What's your favorite avatar?
I don't know. There have been so many. But Marie's one right now is very amusing and true. :P

16. What's something you’ve always wondered about TAFL &/or fanlistings?
Nothing, really.

17. Did you know...?
The first fanlisting I ever applied for...I asked for the app to be disregarded a while later. ;) I'm not that fickle anymore, I hope.

Network because it's decided on more objective factors and like Jackie said, it's easier to know what to expect (e.g. when apps are processed, what factors are gonna be looked at, etc.) That being said, I do like adoptions too depending on the individual case.

I'm not creative in making threads so will skip this question. :P

I associate people with their sites (usually domain names). Sometimes, I also associate particular people with fls their own and certain staffers (& ex-staffers) with certain categories.

Offline Estefania

• ★ MANGA (Fullmetal Alchemi
    • View Profile
    • http://mixed-metaphor.org
[quote name='Tess' post='270345' date='Nov 9 2009, 01:53 PM']I do unconsciously think of different members as characters! :blink: Marie is definitely Ichigo (I sometimes can't watch him without thinking "...Marie"), Estefania as Roy and Jackie as Rukia? :wub:[/quote]
You wouldn't believe how happy (and strangely proud) that makes me! /ÜBER LAME

I think I find Network applications less nerve-wracking than adoptions, but at the same time I also feel they're somehow even more out of my control - in the sense that, with adoptions, you can appeal to the previous owner's feelings in a more personal way. If that makes any sense at all? LOL.

WHY IS FMA THE GREATEST MANGA EVER CREATED? Uhm, not sure. Perhaps manga recs, or "what are you shipping atm?", or HOW DOES YOUR ROOM LOOK /is a voyeur. But yeah, idk.

I also associate people with series/characters! Sometimes with their domains, but most of the time with series/characters =) At times, they're not even current series, but things I associated people with in the past and I just keep doing it now. Like Shaza with Shaman King or Jackie with Witch Hunter Robin~
[color="#b4b4b4"][font="Georgia"]if we become unable to talk about our ideals, the evolution of humans will come to an end.[/font][/color]

[color="#1F6488"]❝[font="Georgia"]mixed metaphor organisation [color="#f3c629"]☆[/

Offline Hakka

• Manga. Comics. Slash & yaoi.
    • View Profile
    • http://snakes-and-dragons.org
[quote name='Estefania' post='270395' date='Nov 10 2009, 02:52 PM'][quote name='Tess' post='270345' date='Nov 9 2009, 01:53 PM']I do unconsciously think of different members as characters! :blink: Marie is definitely Ichigo (I sometimes can't watch him without thinking "...Marie"), Estefania as Roy and Jackie as Rukia? ;)[/quote]
You wouldn't believe how happy (and strangely proud) that makes me! /ÜBER LAME
[/quote]

Oh, yes, I forgot I'm one of those associates Estefania with hot-soon-to-be-fuhrer Roy too!  :wub:
\"Give Sasuke back! He doesn\'t belong to you!\" - but to me...

Scorpion in disguise - Beware of the sting!
Dux

~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~ ~¤~ ~¤~ ~¤~ ~¤~ ~¤~ ~¤~

Co

Offline Marie

• TAFL Senior Staff
    • View Profile
[quote name='Kibou' post='270381' date='Nov 10 2009, 12:55 AM']15. What's your favorite avatar?
I don't know. There have been so many. But Marie's one right now is very amusing and true. :)[/quote]
HAHAHA. Where's Dale? :) :hug: