The AnimeFanlistings Network Message Board

TAFL Survey!

Marie · 109 · 10101

Offline Sarah

• TAFL Staff Alumni
  • Describe Sarah\'s life with 3 wo
    • View Profile
    • http://sky-below.net
[quote name='Marie' post='270507' date='Nov 12 2009, 10:19 PM'][quote name='Kibou' post='270381' date='Nov 10 2009, 12:55 AM']15. What's your favorite avatar?
I don't know. There have been so many. But Marie's one right now is very amusing and true. :)[/quote]
HAHAHA. Where's Dale? :) :hug:
[/quote]
...I purposefully ignored it, thank you very much. >>; /kicks you

PS: We need new questions. Like, "Why is everyone so blind to Renji's beauty?" Etc, etc. ETA; Meant his beauty. >>;
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 04:38:16 PM by Sarah »
[color="#FF0000"]♥[/color] ~ [color="#fbacbc"]S[/color]arah [color="#000000"] | [/color] [color="#5face2"]sky[/color][color="#828282"]-below.net[/color]

love  [color="#000000"] is endless [/color]

Offline Katze

• TAFL Staff Alumni
  • These vast internets, anime, fan
    • View Profile
    • http://pure-rhythm.org
[quote name='Chibi-chan' post='270204' date='Nov 7 2009, 11:28 AM']16. What's something you’ve always wondered about TAFL &/or fanlistings?
Absolutely no offense meant, but I've always wondered how some people can manage owning a big number of fanlistings! I already have trouble with the amount I have, which I consider to be a lot for myself XD;[/quote]

Very, very carefully. I wouldn't be able to do it without the helpfulness of Enthusiast. XD (Which brings me to the question of what would those of us do if Enth or any of the other FL management scripts didn't exist? :))

01. Your name
In the real world, it's Lindsay (you would not believe how many people cannot seem to spell it correctly!). Otherwise I'm known as Katze or Nori :)

02. Total number of TAFL fanlistings
..60-something OTL

03. Do you have an FL collective?
Yup! Pure Rhythm

04. Who/What got you into TAFL?
Seeing them around in 2003 and raging (or not) that they did not exist for Omi or Nagi. So, naturally, I had to do it.

05. Which fanlisting owners inspire you the most? (Limit 3!)
THERE ARE TOO MANY OF YOU THAT ARE AWESOME ;;;;

06. Which fanlisting owners blow you away with their designs? (Limit 3!)
....This is really hard, but there's always something about Rileth's designs that I like :)

07. What's your favorite category?
Characters!

08. Which category do you have the most fanlistings in?
Characters N-Z, I think.

09. What's your favorite part of the fanlisting process?
Practicing photoshop-fu!

10. What's your least favorite part of the fanlisting process?
Coding. Takes too long. XD

11. If you could apply for anything, no rules attached, what would it be?
GOTENKS. (most of the other stuff I would apply for is currently up for application  :hug:

12. Favorite fanlisting layout?
...Oh god this is hard. There are so many I think are just plain awesome.  Of mine, I really like Yamcha's, though (and my collective layout? makes me baw every time I look at it)

13. What’s the first thing you do when you sign on the boards?
Check my categories, lol

14. What is your favorite forum?
Don't have one!

15. What's your favorite avatar?
I'm quite fond of Mitz's Aya-tan icon :)

16. What's something you’ve always wondered about TAFL &/or fanlistings?
This will probably sound really mean, but why do people not seem to believe in proper navigation when they divide their fl up into sections? (By this, I mean like Shrine, Fanlisting, Etc)  It *really* bugs me when there isn't proper navigation on every page and I have to keep clicking back (or sometimes more than once!) to move on to the next page instead of just being able to go straight from the codes page to the join page or whatever :lmao:  This was one of my biggest peeves when I was a TCer XD;  This is possibly just me being lazy, but it makes the site really hard to enjoy for me :lmao:

17. Did you know...?
Series is the only category I staff that I actually have fanlistings in XD  Also 90% of my applications are for things that have been around for years and either never had fls, or kept being removed and I was sick of rejoining it every x months XD;  This does not, however, mean that I don't adore all of my subjects to bitty pieces (how am I still the only member on Ichiro's fl & the Nerima Daikon Brothers FL DX?)

18. Which do you prefer: applying for adoptions or applying at the Network?
Depends on the subject. If it's something that already had/has a fanlisting, I'd rather try adopting it. If it's something that's never had one (or hasn't had one in *years*), I'd rather apply.

19. If you could make any one thread at TAFL, what would it be?
...IDUNNO. ;O;

20. You associate (member/group) with (subject) ?
I associate Dimmie with Mizuki for reasons completely unrelated to TAFL (aside from the fact we've swapped his FL back and forth a few times. XD Hi Dimmehchu.)

Offline Shalott

• TAFL Staff Alumni
    • View Profile
    • http://fan.nameless-way.com
[quote name='Katze' post='270516' date='Nov 12 2009, 07:44 PM']16. What's something you’ve always wondered about TAFL &/or fanlistings?
This will probably sound really mean, but why do people not seem to believe in proper navigation when they divide their fl up into sections? (By this, I mean like Shrine, Fanlisting, Etc)  It *really* bugs me when there isn't proper navigation on every page and I have to keep clicking back (or sometimes more than once!) to move on to the next page instead of just being able to go straight from the codes page to the join page or whatever :sweatdrop:  This was one of my biggest peeves when I was a TCer XD;  This is possibly just me being lazy, but it makes the site really hard to enjoy for me :rofl:[/quote]

I DO NOT BELIEVE YOU SHOULD *EVER* HAVE TO CLICK "BACK" TO NAVIGATE A SITE. I will absolutely not visit any site that cannot easily navigate from one page to any other page of my choosing. The "back forward home" links don't count as navigation - I don't really want to have to return to your index page every time I need to access the menu.

Mean? Maybe. Really, though - why go out of your way to make it hard for visitors to spend time on your site?

*wheezes* MAJOR, MAJOR PEEVE. /rant
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 03:14:43 AM by Shalott »

Offline Nekoi Echizen

• Hiruma; Kamina; Eyeshield 21; Gu
    • View Profile
    • http://ethereal-world.net/
Sincerely I love apply for both because I love to apply generally for subjects that I love sincerely no matter if they are adoptions or application in the network!:sweatdrop: Even if most of the time I get anxious!XD

I ditto Estefania about the shipping thread! :rofl:

I associate people with the subjects they likes the most usually!XD Sample: Marie-taichou = Rufy, Mitz-san = Itachi, Sarah-san = Sasuke, Saya = Yuuko, Yamila = Graham/Orihime/GinBan (+ tons of others), etc...!X3 There are obviously some rare exceptions!
[font=\'times new roman\']Bye bye![/font]

Adopting out all of my fanlistings, contact if you\'re interested.
[font=\'trebuchet ms\']TAFL[/ur

Offline Katze

• TAFL Staff Alumni
  • These vast internets, anime, fan
    • View Profile
    • http://pure-rhythm.org
[quote name='Shalott' post='270546' date='Nov 13 2009, 12:11 AM']I DO NOT BELIEVE YOU SHOULD *EVER* HAVE TO CLICK "BACK" TO NAVIGATE A SITE. I will absolutely not visit any site that cannot easily navigate from one page to any other page of my choosing. The "back forward home" links don't count as navigation - I don't really want to have to return to your index page every time I need to access the menu.

Mean? Maybe. Really, though - why go out of your way to make it hard for visitors to spend time on your site?

*wheezes* MAJOR, MAJOR PEEVE. /rant[/quote]

Yesssssssssss. *SEETHES* Especially since FORWARD DOESN'T HELP UNLESS YOU ACTUALLY HAVE SOMEWHERE TO GO FORWARD *TO*, BECAUSE YOU'VE ALREADY CLICKED BACK (and thus you'll probably end up on the page you just left :|)

Really. Guys. There's nothing wrong with having an extra little bit of navigation on pages. If it's an aesthetic thing, make the links pretty.  Or. IDK. SOMETHING.

...Sorry guys, I mean no offense;  it just bothers me to no end DDDDDX It doesn't bother me as much if it's a list of articles or something to that effect, because yeah, it would just look bizarre to have your list of 20 articles linked on every single article page, but general fl business (join/codes/fans/whatever), quicklinks on the pages is the way to go.  It sucks because there are so many otherwise awesome sites that are ruined for me because of it XD;
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 09:38:34 AM by Katze »

Offline Sarah

• TAFL Staff Alumni
  • Describe Sarah\'s life with 3 wo
    • View Profile
    • http://sky-below.net
[quote name='Nekoi Echizen' post='270551' date='Nov 13 2009, 10:25 AM']Sarah-san = Sasuke[/quote]
...   :sweatdrop:   :rofl:  :lmao: /horribly easy, lol <3

[quote name='Katze' post='270561' date='Nov 13 2009, 03:25 PM']Really. Guys. There's nothing wrong with having an extra little bit of navigation on pages. If it's an aesthetic thing, make the links pretty.  Or. IDK. SOMETHING.

...Sorry guys, I mean no offense;  it just bothers me to no end DDDDDX It doesn't bother me as much if it's a list of articles or something to that effect, because yeah, it would just look bizarre to have your list of 20 articles linked on every single article page, but general fl business (join/codes/fans/whatever), quicklinks on the pages is the way to go.  It sucks because there are so many otherwise awesome sites that are ruined for me because of it XD;[/quote]
LOL, this is actually really interesting, cause I think half of my sites fall under that. *ponders* I would have never thought someone would be bothered by clicking "Fanlisting" once more to go back to the rest of the fanlisting pages aka join, members etc - I've never had a problem with it myself, so I just assumed neither did anyone else, aha. I can understand about being annoyed when one constantly has to go back to the index (maybe even without a link back there- that really drives me nuts sometimes >>; ) but yeah.. I guess I'm just not really picky with navigations, as long as it's clearly visible and I can find what I'm looking for.  :hug: I don't really mind 1,2 "extra" clicks, haha.

*shall try and take this into consideration for the next fl* :lol:
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 10:04:12 AM by Sarah »
[color="#FF0000"]♥[/color] ~ [color="#fbacbc"]S[/color]arah [color="#000000"] | [/color] [color="#5face2"]sky[/color][color="#828282"]-below.net[/color]

love  [color="#000000"] is endless [/color]

Offline Hakka

• Manga. Comics. Slash & yaoi.
    • View Profile
    • http://snakes-and-dragons.org
[quote name='Katze' post='270561' date='Nov 13 2009, 03:25 PM'][quote name='Shalott' post='270546' date='Nov 13 2009, 12:11 AM']I DO NOT BELIEVE YOU SHOULD *EVER* HAVE TO CLICK "BACK" TO NAVIGATE A SITE. I will absolutely not visit any site that cannot easily navigate from one page to any other page of my choosing. The "back forward home" links don't count as navigation - I don't really want to have to return to your index page every time I need to access the menu.

Yesssssssssss. *SEETHES* Especially since FORWARD DOESN'T HELP UNLESS YOU ACTUALLY HAVE SOMEWHERE TO GO FORWARD *TO*, BECAUSE YOU'VE ALREADY CLICKED BACK (and thus you'll probably end up on the page you just left :|)

Really. Guys. There's nothing wrong with having an extra little bit of navigation on pages. If it's an aesthetic thing, make the links pretty.  Or. IDK. SOMETHING.

...Sorry guys, I mean no offense;  it just bothers me to no end DDDDDX It doesn't bother me as much if it's a list of articles or something to that effect, because yeah, it would just look bizarre to have your list of 20 articles linked on every single article page, but general fl business (join/codes/fans/whatever), quicklinks on the pages is the way to go.  It sucks because there are so many otherwise awesome sites that are ruined for me because of it XD;
[/quote]
I thought I was the only one thinking this!  :sweatdrop:
\"Give Sasuke back! He doesn\'t belong to you!\" - but to me...

Scorpion in disguise - Beware of the sting!
Dux

~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~ ~¤~ ~¤~ ~¤~ ~¤~ ~¤~ ~¤~

Co

Offline Tess

• TAFL Staff Alumni
    • View Profile
    • http://rusalka.in
[quote name='Shalott' post='270546' date='Nov 13 2009, 03:11 AM']I DO NOT BELIEVE YOU SHOULD *EVER* HAVE TO CLICK "BACK" TO NAVIGATE A SITE. I will absolutely not visit any site that cannot easily navigate from one page to any other page of my choosing. The "back forward home" links don't count as navigation - I don't really want to have to return to your index page every time I need to access the menu.

[quote name='Katze' post='270561' date='Nov 13 2009, 09:25 AM']Yesssssssssss. *SEETHES* Especially since FORWARD DOESN'T HELP UNLESS YOU ACTUALLY HAVE SOMEWHERE TO GO FORWARD *TO*, BECAUSE YOU'VE ALREADY CLICKED BACK (and thus you'll probably end up on the page you just left :|)

...Sorry guys, I mean no offense;  it just bothers me to no end DDDDDX It doesn't bother me as much if it's a list of articles or something to that effect, because yeah, it would just look bizarre to have your list of 20 articles linked on every single article page, but general fl business (join/codes/fans/whatever), quicklinks on the pages is the way to go.  It sucks because there are so many otherwise awesome sites that are ruined for me because of it XD;[/quote]
[quote name='Sarah' post='270564' date='Nov 13 2009, 09:58 AM']LOL, this is actually really interesting, cause I think half of my sites fall under that. *ponders* I would have never thought someone would be bothered by clicking "Fanlisting" once more to go back to the rest of the fanlisting pages aka join, members etc - I've never had a problem with it myself, so I just assumed neither did anyone else, aha. I can understand about being annoyed when one constantly has to go back to the index (maybe even without a link back there- that really drives me nuts sometimes >>; ) but yeah.. I guess I'm just not really picky with navigations, as long as it's clearly visible and I can find what I'm looking for.  :rofl: I don't really mind 1,2 "extra" clicks, haha.

*shall try and take this into consideration for the next fl* :sweatdrop:[/quote]
OK, I admit it, the "BACK", "FORWARD", "HOME" links do annoy me, and even if I did do that for my collective, I ran out of icon ideas, and three icons looked stupid. Just sayin'. I think I also fall under the category of having this type of navigation, though out of my four fanlistings, only one uses the "About", "Fanlisting", "Site", etc., and like Sarah, it doesn't bother me to click that consistently. That, and most of the time I have a sub-navigation if the fanlisting is split into sections, so the visitor can access important pages easily.

WHAT DOES BOTHER ME is having to turn on JavaScript on a particular site to activate navigation images, and sometimes I can't even find them/the links are dead for whatever reason; I do like being able to access any navigation easily without getting confused, so I do understand the irritation. That, and when there is no "home" link, because sometimes I'm too lazy to try and take out, say, "join.php" out of the address bar. ...Yeah, most of that's from laziness.

Offline Marie

• TAFL Senior Staff
  • That girl who wants to be a pirate
    • View Profile
    • http://get-fighted.net
:lmao: :sweatdrop: :rofl:

I actually had no idea navigation was that frustrating for people - but being that it's one of my chief annoyances to design, I suppose I should have assumed. Will definitely be jotting down all of this, so I can go through my sites make sure I avoid that where I can! *finds this interesting!*
Marie; Senior Staffer - Characters N-Z
A love pirate? I am no love pirate. What do they mean by that?

get fighted & pirates & royal rebellion

Offline Shalott

• TAFL Staff Alumni
    • View Profile
[quote name='Sarah' post='270564' date='Nov 13 2009, 08:58 AM']LOL, this is actually really interesting, cause I think half of my sites fall under that. *ponders* I would have never thought someone would be bothered by clicking "Fanlisting" once more to go back to the rest of the fanlisting pages aka join, members etc - I've never had a problem with it myself, so I just assumed neither did anyone else, aha. I can understand about being annoyed when one constantly has to go back to the index (maybe even without a link back there- that really drives me nuts sometimes >>; ) but yeah.. I guess I'm just not really picky with navigations, as long as it's clearly visible and I can find what I'm looking for.  :lmao: I don't really mind 1,2 "extra" clicks, haha.

*shall try and take this into consideration for the next fl* :sweatdrop:[/quote]

No, navigations where say, I click "Fanlisting" and it takes me to the codes, join, members, et cetera links and then I choose my link and I go to that page, and then I click "fanlisting" again to go to the menu page again - that's a tiny pain, but not too bad, since usually I am just joining and getting a code.

It's the sites where I can't even click "fanlisting" once I've left the menu page, but instead have to rely on those stupid back/forward/wherever links, or use my back button to get back to the menu are the ones I am talking about. As long as I can move FORWARD through your site instead of having to backtrack I am fine with it. Even if going forward is still a page that I have already been to.

/doesn't think that makes sense, but doesn't want to point out specific examples. :rofl:

Ha ha, Like Katze, I think this comes from too many annoying trouble checks. XD
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 06:52:15 PM by Shalott »

Offline Mitzrael

• TAFL Senior Staff
  • ^ just your average ninja :D
    • View Profile
    • http://rainawhile.net
[quote name='Shalott' post='270578' date='Nov 13 2009, 06:51 PM'][quote name='Sarah' post='270564' date='Nov 13 2009, 08:58 AM']LOL, this is actually really interesting, cause I think half of my sites fall under that. *ponders* I would have never thought someone would be bothered by clicking "Fanlisting" once more to go back to the rest of the fanlisting pages aka join, members etc - I've never had a problem with it myself, so I just assumed neither did anyone else, aha. I can understand about being annoyed when one constantly has to go back to the index (maybe even without a link back there- that really drives me nuts sometimes >>; ) but yeah.. I guess I'm just not really picky with navigations, as long as it's clearly visible and I can find what I'm looking for.  :hug: I don't really mind 1,2 "extra" clicks, haha.

*shall try and take this into consideration for the next fl* :lol:[/quote]

No, navigations where say, I click "Fanlisting" and it takes me to the codes, join, members, et cetera links and then I choose my link and I go to that page, and then I click "fanlisting" again to go to the menu page again - that's a tiny pain, but not too bad, since usually I am just joining and getting a code.

It's the sites where I can't even click "fanlisting" once I've left the menu page, but instead have to rely on those stupid back/forward/wherever links, or use my back button to get back to the menu are the ones I am talking about. As long as I can move FORWARD through your site instead of having to backtrack I am fine with it. Even if going forward is still a page that I have already been to.

/doesn't think that makes sense, but doesn't want to point out specific examples. :hug:

Ha ha, Like Katze, I think this comes from too many annoying trouble checks. XD
[/quote]So, this little discussion woke up my interest and I, lamely I must say, went to check my FLs to see if any matched the description XD; Turns out 6/51 do match it!  :rofl: :lmao:  and 5/6 of those have wannabe shrine content added to them so I'm guessing I didn't want to put to much 'weight' on FL navigation and gave it the usual link list in the FL page. It does get annoying x: but I always thought the <<back / go>> links helped to ease that  :sweatdrop:
Interesting, interesting indeed!  :hug: funny how I never truly noticed this before but that's the way we get to learn things and improve them later on :3 definitely helpful yeah~
ソニア!ninja ^/_\^ | Items/Locations + Manga-ka & Directors + Music and Songs + Rivalries
Your daily dose of coffee in a pill [ rain awhile ]

Offline Shalott

• TAFL Staff Alumni
    • View Profile
The biggest problem with the back/home/forward links, IMO, is that all of the ones I have encountered (even the ones that I use myself! *is guilty, lol*) is that they run on JavaScript - which I have disabled on my PC, as well as on my phone browser. Like Tess mentioned, it's frustrating having to enable JS (especially if it is on a site where I am not familiar with the owner or what not).

Anyways, my opinions are pretty harsh because recently I've come across a lot of sites that are favoring style over functionality - they have lovely designs that are impossible to navigate, or don't work in my browser or just generally show a lack of attention or care for how accessible the site is to other visitors.

I am not in any way trying to ruffle feathers or imply that anyone's way of designing a site is better or worse than any others. It's a style preference, one that I don't happen to like. But as I mentioned before - if the navigation is difficult for me, I simply don't visit the site.  :sweatdrop:

I am grumpy and cranky and I'll shut up now.

Offline Saya

• TAFL Trouble Checkers
  • Sleeping, drawing, writing, fanl
    • View Profile
    • http://silverblood.net
[quote name='Shalott' post='270587' date='Nov 14 2009, 03:23 AM']The biggest problem with the back/home/forward links, IMO, is that all of the ones I have encountered (even the ones that I use myself! *is guilty, lol*) is that they run on JavaScript - which I have disabled on my PC, as well as on my phone browser. Like Tess mentioned, it's frustrating having to enable JS (especially if it is on a site where I am not familiar with the owner or what not).

Anyways, my opinions are pretty harsh because recently I've come across a lot of sites that are favoring style over functionality - they have lovely designs that are impossible to navigate, or don't work in my browser or just generally show a lack of attention or care for how accessible the site is to other visitors.

I am not in any way trying to ruffle feathers or imply that anyone's way of designing a site is better or worse than any others. It's a style preference, one that I don't happen to like. But as I mentioned before - if the navigation is difficult for me, I simply don't visit the site.  :heart:

I am grumpy and cranky and I'll shut up now.[/quote]

*looks at her sites* omg lately I've been using a lot the rollover javascript - I'll devenetly go back on css, because so everybody can navigate it. I never tought of this problem before ._. even because mostly I use the back botton on the browser or with the mouse °___°

I mostly don't like when i can't find the menu that is hidden somwhere, during my tcing those sites take most of my time because I have to find the navigation and everything. If i had to join a fanlisting like that, probably I wouldn't because I wouldn't bother to search for it.
\"People can live a hundred years without really living for a minute.\"
- Logan
[url=\"http://fan.ci

Offline Amber

• TAFL Category Staff
    • View Profile
    • http://eien-melody.net
I like both, because the subjects I send applications in for are amazing in so many ways.

Count to 7000 thread, which I like to see how long it takes for the entire forum to count that far (by ones).

I honestly say the TAFL Senior Staff are like the manga-ka or something that helps keep the forums together. XD; Totally random saying, but I think it is true.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 06:07:55 PM by Rei Hino »
"A world  on fire."  - Daredevil

Offline Marie

• TAFL Senior Staff
  • That girl who wants to be a pirate
    • View Profile
    • http://get-fighted.net
[quote name='Rei Hino' post='270854' date='Nov 18 2009, 06:07 PM']20. You associate (member/group) with (subject) ?
I honestly say the TAFL Senior Staff are like the manga-ka or something that helps keep the forums together. XD; Totally random saying, but I think it is true.[/quote]
DIBS ON ODA. DIBS DIBS DIBS. I WILL FIGHT YOU ALL, I SWEAR IT.  :heart: :help: :)
Marie; Senior Staffer - Characters N-Z
A love pirate? I am no love pirate. What do they mean by that?

get fighted & pirates & royal rebellion