The AnimeFanlistings Network Message Board

Last movie you watched?

Estefania · 254 · 22303

Offline Eden

• View Profile
[quote name='Espo' post='278124' date='Jul 17 2010, 03:43 PM']Eclipse! Yes, the Twilight-Eclipse. Went to see it yesterday with my friends and was pleasently surprised by how much I did like it, since I was gripped a lot of the way through (it's my favourite of the books, so I'm glad it did it justice). :hug:[/quote]

I just watched Eclipse as well with my mom. New Moon bored me to tears but Eclipse brought back the fun factor.

Also just saw Inception a few weeks ago. Was a bloody brilliant movie. I'd like to watch it again!

Offline Tec

• TAFL Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • kyouNU
I watched Inception a week or two ago. And I still want to watch it again. Hopefully I can drag my friend to IMax before it gets removed from theaters.

Offline Marie

• TAFL Senior Staff
  • That girl who wants to be a pirate
    • View Profile
    • http://get-fighted.net
[quote name='Ai~' post='278438' date='Aug 2 2010, 03:33 AM']Dare I say it? My movie of the year: INCEPTION. No other movie will come close, I'm certain. Not even Salt. Perhaps not even Deathly Hollows. It's just mind-blowingly FANTASTIC.[/quote]
Salt is a terrible, terrible bore of a movie, so I think you're safe in saying it won't come close to touching Inception. :hug: Which I agree is easily the best film of the year so far. But like you, I also share an extreme bias for Nolan, LOL. :proud:

[quote name='Kyou' post='278506' date='Aug 5 2010, 07:05 AM']I watched Inception a week or two ago. And I still want to watch it again. Hopefully I can drag my friend to IMax before it gets removed from theaters.[/quote]
You should definitely see it in IMAX, even if you can't drag your friend! :hug: It's a seriously amazing experience!
Marie; Senior Staffer - Characters N-Z
A love pirate? I am no love pirate. What do they mean by that?

get fighted & pirates & royal rebellion

Offline Yamila

• View Profile
    • http://cielo-azul.org/
Inception. In a second attempt since tickets were sold out the first time -_- but it was so worth it!!! :D SUCH AN AMAZING MOVIE. :) :wub: :wub: I hadn't seen such a good film in a long time, it felt so good <3333 the story was so epic that I didn't have time to ship anyone... |: /world ends
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 06:37:06 AM by Yamila »
yamila · Latest: Jojo[color=#0

Offline Estefania

• ★ MANGA (Fullmetal Alchemi
    • View Profile
    • http://mixed-metaphor.org
The Good Guys has made me go through some Colin Hanks films, so lately I've watched The House Bunny (haha wtf... I have a bit of a girlcrush on Emma Stone tho), Untraceable (mediocre thriller, although it had glasses!Colin) and Orange County (the best one of the three). Ah, I spend so much time watching bad movies for stupid reasons...

Aaaaand my friend and I just got tickets to see Toy Story 3 at the IMAX again in a couple of weeks ♥ I'll probably see it with my family in a regular cinema before that, though!
[color="#b4b4b4"][font="Georgia"]if we become unable to talk about our ideals, the evolution of humans will come to an end.[/font][/color]

[color="#1F6488"]❝[font="Georgia"]mixed metaphor organisation [color="#f3c629"]☆[/

Offline Ainna

• View Profile
    • minty.NU
Nolan drove us insane with Inception, didn't he? And yet we followed him willingly into the labyrinth of dreams, wanting more, seeking answers we will never get.  ;) I hope it wins an Academy Award or something. (Or maybe not, with the "Oscar curse" and all!)

[quote name='Marie' post='278517' date='Aug 5 2010, 08:11 PM']Salt is a terrible, terrible bore of a movie, so I think you're safe in saying it won't come close to touching Inception. ;) Which I agree is easily the best film of the year so far. But like you, I also share an extreme bias for Nolan, LOL. :lol:[/quote]

Oh honey, I know NOTHING will come close to Inception. :) But thanks for the assurance! In truth I haven't seen Salt yet. But I'm a bit surprised you found it boring, when all of my friends have been raving about it.  X_X And yes, Nolan is amazing. The only films of his that I haven't watched were his short films and Following, which I hope I have some way of getting my hands on. (Which one did you like best, of all his works?)

[quote name='Yamila' post='278571' date='Aug 8 2010, 06:35 PM']Inception. In a second attempt since tickets were sold out the first time -_- but it was so worth it!!! :D SUCH AN AMAZING MOVIE. :wub: :wub: -_- I hadn't seen such a good film in a long time, it felt so good <3333 the story was so epic that I didn't have time to ship anyone... |: /world ends[/quote]

I know what you mean, Yamila! ^.^ Some of my favorite authors on FF.net (who write for other fandoms) are now writing for inception. And I realize that I don't want to read fics about that work; the film itself is completely satisfying, that no fan work can measure up to it. But if I were to ship anyone there, I suppose I would be partial to Arthur/Ariadne. Hehehe.

[quote name='Estefania' post='278574' date='Aug 8 2010, 08:30 PM']The Good Guys has made me go through some Colin Hanks films, so lately I've watched The House Bunny...[/quote]

Haha I saw that one recently too. Surprisingly entertaining. ;)
[ minty.nu  the evergreen network ]
suga.nutenoh.orgainna.love

Offline Yamila

• View Profile
    • http://cielo-azul.org/
[quote name='Ai~' post='278575' date='Aug 8 2010, 01:31 PM'][quote name='Yamila' post='278571' date='Aug 8 2010, 06:35 PM']Inception. In a second attempt since tickets were sold out the first time X_X but it was so worth it!!! :D SUCH AN AMAZING MOVIE. :wub: :wub: -_- I hadn't seen such a good film in a long time, it felt so good <3333 the story was so epic that I didn't have time to ship anyone... |: /world ends[/quote]

I know what you mean, Yamila! :lol: Some of my favorite authors on FF.net (who write for other fandoms) are now writing for inception. And I realize that I don't want to read fics about that work; the film itself is completely satisfying, that no fan work can measure up to it. But if I were to ship anyone there, I suppose I would be partial to Arthur/Ariadne. Hehehe.[/quote]
My thoughts exactly D: I don't really feel like reading fics of it... except for Arthur/Eames, a friend is trying to get me into the pairing xDDDD :)
yamila · Latest: Jojo[color=#0

Offline Ainna

• View Profile
    • minty.NU
[quote name='Yamila' post='278584' date='Aug 9 2010, 04:45 AM']My thoughts exactly D: I don't really feel like reading fics of it... except for Arthur/Eames, a friend is trying to get me into the pairing xDDDD :D[/quote]

LOL If I were into shounen-ai, I'd ship them too! :wub: Their interactions are so fun to watch! :)

Offline Mitzrael

• TAFL Senior Staff
  • ^ just your average ninja :D
    • View Profile
    • http://rainawhile.net
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

Simply amazing~ such amount of innocence in a drama is always breath-taking D:
ソニア!ninja ^/_\^ | Items/Locations + Manga-ka & Directors + Music and Songs + Rivalries
Your daily dose of coffee in a pill [ rain awhile ]

Offline Ainna

• View Profile
    • minty.NU
[quote name='Marie' post='278517' date='Aug 5 2010, 08:11 PM']Salt is a terrible, terrible bore of a movie, so I think you're safe in saying it won't come close to touching Inception. :wub:[/quote]

I just watched Salt earlier today with my parents, and I would have to agree with you, Marie. Which is quite sad for me, since I love Angelina Jolie and I have such high expectations for this film.  :D There was NO climax, no cathartic moment, no brilliant plot twist. Most of the hype they built up on the trailers they showed were resolved in the first forty-five minutes. 0_o;;; The stunts were great, and the shots were amazing, but the actors were wasted on a ho-hum story. I wonder if the original was better...? (Since the entire script was re-written for Jolie; the original Salt featured a male agent.)

Offline Emcy

• Formally known as Emcy from peti
    • View Profile
    • http://cuite.org/
SCOTT MOTHER FREAKIN PILGRIM VS THE WORLD!! >:wub:
Oh my gosh, I am so giddy from watching this movie. It was soooo good!! They did such a good job! They kept a lot of the good jokes and they added a bunch more. The characters were all really well casted, really well maintained and everything from the fight scenes to the CGI was brilliant!!

Go see it. Right now. It's in theaters. It's even better if you've read the comics first :D

Offline Tec

• TAFL Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • kyouNU
I want to see Scott Pilgrim so bad but it won't be shown locally until November! FREAKING NOVEMBER?!?! OTL

Offline Emcy

• Formally known as Emcy from peti
    • View Profile
    • http://cuite.org/
[quote name='Kyou' post='278880' date='Aug 16 2010, 10:34 PM']I want to see Scott Pilgrim so bad but it won't be shown locally until November! FREAKING NOVEMBER?!?! OTL[/quote]

Ohh, you poor soul ;^; *comfort hug* Read or re-read the comics to pass the time?

Offline Mitzrael

• TAFL Senior Staff
    • View Profile
The Jane Austen Book Club

interesting~ :3
ソニア!ninja ^/_\^ | Items/Locations + Manga-ka & Directors + Music and Songs + Rivalries

Offline Mitzrael

• TAFL Senior Staff
    • View Profile
Double-post x:

Hachi: A Dog's Tale (2009) *cries*