The AnimeFanlistings Network Message Board

A simple question

Offline The Goron Moron

• View Profile
Greetings.

I am somewhat considering applying for a Pocket Monster/Pokemon Doujunshi (Gen or All) FL. Now it may seem simple and all that jazz, but I have a bit of a question. See, I don't have access to any 'real' doujinshi, however I actively read drawn Pokemon webcomics such as on places like Smackjeeves. Doujin just basically means 'fan comic', which is also a fitting term for those drawn, fan webcomics that I read online that my friends have made.

My question is. If I decide to apply for such a FL, would it be right if I used some of my friends pages (with their permission of course) to make a layout? Or would I have to be limited to 'real doujinshi'?

Thank you,
Karen.

Offline Mitzrael

• TAFL Senior Staff
  • ^ just your average ninja :D
    • View Profile
    • http://rainawhile.net
Karen,
Since the term Doujinshi refers to 'fanworks' created by Japanese artists and published in Japan we would rather look forward the use of JP Doujin material displayed on the layout and have the listing focused on those works rather than webcomics. So yes, the Doujinshi category would be limited to 'real doujinshi' if I may use the same term you've mentioned  previously :heart:  
I hope that cleared your doubt, otherwise please feel free to contact me at fanstuff@animefanlistings.org

:proud:
ソニア!ninja ^/_\^ | Items/Locations + Manga-ka & Directors + Music and Songs + Rivalries
Your daily dose of coffee in a pill [ rain awhile ]

Offline The Goron Moron

• View Profile
Ah, alright. I suppose I cannot apply for it then.

Alright. Thank you for the kind reply,
Karen.