The AnimeFanlistings Network Message Board

TAFL Survey!

Marie · 109 · 10095

Offline Mitzrael

• TAFL Senior Staff
  • ^ just your average ninja :D
    • View Profile
    • http://rainawhile.net
[quote name='Jackie' post='270062' date='Nov 4 2009, 06:53 PM']16. What's something you’ve always wondered about TAFL &/or fanlistings?
I don't understand people who seem to despise fanlistings and TAFL, yet they still apply for fanlistings here anyway.  :help:[/quote]
Well, it's like asking why I hate apple juice but I love eating the actual apple.. one of the biggest misteries in the Universe! Although I'm pretty sure I can tell you why I can't drink it but still love to eat it~ :hug: not sure if the other scenario could ever happen though x:

[quote name='Rei Hino' post='270218' date='Nov 7 2009, 06:39 PM']16. What's something you’ve always wondered about TAFL &/or fanlistings?
What was the original purpose of creating fanlisting collectives? XD;[/quote]I think it was to give an option to visitors and owners alike to keep a gate to all their listings so they become easy to find for anybody and everybody at the same time :3 (or something like that ^^:heart:

[quote name='Wendy' post='270152' date='Nov 6 2009, 01:54 PM']16. What's something you’ve always wondered about TAFL &/or fanlistings?
Hmm...oh! xD Who made the current TAFL layout? O: I've always wondered xD;; I feel like I asked this question before for some reason[/quote]I think, kinda sure too xD;, it was Lenneth  :help:
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 08:41:01 PM by Mitzrael »
ソニア!ninja ^/_\^ | Items/Locations + Manga-ka & Directors + Music and Songs + Rivalries
Your daily dose of coffee in a pill [ rain awhile ]

Offline Marie

• TAFL Senior Staff
  • That girl who wants to be a pirate
    • View Profile
    • http://get-fighted.net
[quote name='Mitchii' post='270122' date='Nov 6 2009, 08:17 AM']16. What's something you’ve always wondered about TAFL &/or fanlistings?
Who design the TAFL logo? (and what font is it?)[/quote]
[quote name='Wendy' post='270152' date='Nov 6 2009, 01:54 PM']16. What's something you’ve always wondered about TAFL &/or fanlistings?
Hmm...oh! xD Who made the current TAFL layout? O: I've always wondered xD;; I feel like I asked this question before for some reason[/quote]
TAFL's logo/layout were designed by Lenneth, one of the original Senior Staffers. :) The font face is a special one that required purchase, but whose name escapes me at present. It's become quite the staple, right? ;) Every time I see the color combination, I instantly think of TAFL, LOL.

As a side-note: It's so interesting to see everyone's answers/thoughts/questions/etc. :pirate: CHARACTERS FOREVER! *waves flag*
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 08:44:27 PM by Marie »
Marie; Senior Staffer - Characters N-Z
A love pirate? I am no love pirate. What do they mean by that?

get fighted & pirates & royal rebellion

Offline Hakka

• Manga. Comics. Slash & yaoi.
    • View Profile
    • http://snakes-and-dragons.org
[quote name='Rei Hino' post='270218' date='Nov 8 2009, 12:39 AM']06. Which fanlisting owners blow you away with their designs? (Limit 3!)
Buruma, Bura, and Hakka[/quote]

Ohh  :) :pirate: *

[quote name='Crystal' post='270235' date='Nov 8 2009, 02:00 AM']17. Did you know...?
I'm not big on rivalries. I tend to think of rivalries as rather an interesting relationship. ^_^; (ie: Kyou & Yuki[/quote]

Wow. It never crossed my mind, but I really like this definition!  ;)
\"Give Sasuke back! He doesn\'t belong to you!\" - but to me...

Scorpion in disguise - Beware of the sting!
Dux

~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~ ~¤~ ~¤~ ~¤~ ~¤~ ~¤~ ~¤~

Co

Offline Rosemary

• TAFL Staff Alumni
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rubyjuls.com
[quote name='Mitchii' post='270122' date='Nov 6 2009, 08:17 AM']16. What's something you’ve always wondered about TAFL &/or fanlistings?
Who design the TAFL logo? (and what font is it?)[/quote]
Strumpf is the font.

[quote name='Chibi-chan' post='270204' date='Nov 7 2009, 11:28 AM']16. What's something you’ve always wondered about TAFL &/or fanlistings?
Absolutely no offense meant, but I've always wondered how some people can manage owning a big number of fanlistings! I already have trouble with the amount I have, which I consider to be a lot for myself XD;[/quote]
It's all thanks to the wonder that is fanlisting management scripts.  If it was not for Enthusiast, I would not be able to own the amount of fanlistings I do.

[quote name='Courtney' post='270211' date='Nov 7 2009, 01:55 PM']16. What's something you’ve always wondered about TAFL &/or fanlistings?
Hmm, when TAFL split from TFL, did much of the TFL community follow? Or was TAFL well, dead, for a while?  :pirate: *Silly question*[/quote]

Almost all of the people who frequented the anime/manga categories at TFL moved over with us to the new network and as the years have passed, lots more people have found us. ;)

[quote name='Rei Hino' post='270218' date='Nov 7 2009, 06:39 PM']16. What's something you’ve always wondered about TAFL &/or fanlistings?
What was the original purpose of creating fanlisting collectives? XD;[/quote]

I can't say why the first person made it, but I made mine when I started having more than a 'few' fanlistings.  It's a great way to showcase all of them and they're just fun and pretty (who needs a better excuse than that?).

Also, I too always wonder why people think staffers are scary/mean/will bite their heads off.  We're such a fun quirky bunch, but I guess when you have to sometimes reject and/or make decisions that effect groups of people it can make people think of you differently.  I do kind of get the whole wonder/awe thing though.  I was an still am a total Danielle fangirl and it boggles my mind I got/get to be friends with her.

As to hiring people:  Marie is right, deciding on new hires takes lots and lots of time and energy, but it is always so rewarding when I get to tell people they're being offered a position.  I love doing it over im so I can witness the reaction in real time. :)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 09:57:34 PM by Rosemary »

Rosemary {Network Owner}
http://www.rubyjuls.com\'>Ruby\'s Domain|http://fan.whiteplums.com/coll\'>The Flames of Addiction|

Offline Rosemary

• TAFL Staff Alumni
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rubyjuls.com
01. Your name
Rosemary

02. Total number of TAFL fanlistings
A lot.

03. Do you have an FL collective?
Yup, The Flames of Addiction

04. Who/What got you into TAFL?
I shall blame the Rurouni Kenshin series for my addiction.  Buffy got me into fanlistings in general, though, since the series fanlisting was the first one I ever joined.

05. Which fanlisting owners inspire you the most? (Limit 3!)
Danielle, Mitzrael, and Marie.

06. Which fanlisting owners blow you away with their designs? (Limit 3!)
Same as above!

07. What's your favorite category?
Relationships

08. Which category do you have the most fanlistings in?
Relationships

09. What's your favorite part of the fanlisting process?
Making codes!

10. What's your least favorite part of the fanlisting process?
Coding layouts.

11. If you could apply for anything, no rules attached, what would it be?
Rurouni Kenshin Jinchuu Arc.

12. Favorite fanlisting layout?
Noriko's layout I think.

13. What’s the first thing you do when you sign on the boards?
Check the staff forums.

14. What is your favorite forum?
Hmm, fanlisting chit-chat probably.

15. What's your favorite avatar?
Usually my current one is my favorite.  I'm loving on my current Anatolia Story one.

16. What's something you’ve always wondered about TAFL &/or fanlistings?
Owning it kind of takes the mystery away so there isn't anything about TAFL I have a question about, lol.  Something that has always boggled my mind: Why do people sometimes adopt out 'wishlist' fanlistings (especially if they haven't had them very long)?  

17. Did you know...?
It breaks my heart every time a staffer has to leave staff. :pirate:  Also, it makes me proud that I've been staffing/involved with anime/manga categories since before TAFL existed.  We don't have too many staffers left who can say that! (Though saying that does make me feel kind of old, haha)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 10:34:10 PM by Rosemary »

Rosemary {Network Owner}
http://www.rubyjuls.com\'>Ruby\'s Domain|http://fan.whiteplums.com/coll\'>The Flames of Addiction|

Offline Hakka

• Manga. Comics. Slash & yaoi.
    • View Profile
    • http://snakes-and-dragons.org
[quote name='Rosemary' post='270256' date='Nov 8 2009, 04:28 AM']17. Did you know...?
It breaks my heart every time a staffer has to leave staff. :)  Also, it makes me proud that I've been staffing/involved with anime/manga categories since before TAFL existed.  We don't have too many staffers left who can say that! (Though saying that does make me feel kind of old, haha)[/quote]

Wow!  ;)  Congrats, Rosemary!  :pirate:
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 09:20:06 AM by Hakka »
\"Give Sasuke back! He doesn\'t belong to you!\" - but to me...

Scorpion in disguise - Beware of the sting!
Dux

~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~ ~¤~ ~¤~ ~¤~ ~¤~ ~¤~ ~¤~

Co

Offline Marie

• TAFL Senior Staff
    • View Profile
[quote name='Jackie' post='270256' date='Nov 4 2009, 6:53 PM']16. What's something you’ve always wondered about TAFL &/or fanlistings?
I don't understand people who seem to despise fanlistings and TAFL, yet they still apply for fanlistings here anyway.[/quote]
That will always confuse me - why publicly say you don't like fanlistings, if you're just going to apply for one the next day? >>; If you don't like something, isn't it better to just, you know... not be involved with it? :pirate: It's frustrating, to say the least.

New questions! ;) *continues to be bored at work*

18. Which do you prefer: applying for adoptions or applying at the Network?

19. If you could make any one thread at TAFL, what would it be?
Something crazy? Something nerdy? Something that would never be allowed? Something that has potential?

20. You associate (member/group) with (subject) ?
Example! You associate TAFL with fanlistings! OR You associate Trouble Checkers with Ghostbusters it's the green!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 09:55:29 AM by Marie »

Offline Saya

• TAFL Trouble Checkers
  • Sleeping, drawing, writing, fanl
    • View Profile
    • http://silverblood.net
ok let's try, taichou you come up with most interesting questions, you know?

Actualy I'm not sure about it, I always have the same problem with both - expressing my love for the subject, so I think don't prefere eather of them, i like them both the same way.

........that's a tought question, because I'm not a person who is good at making new threads... actually....... i really don't know what that would be - I think I'm quite narrowminded when it comes to stuff (me is all manga/anime/websites mind... ok xxxholic mind), maybe a season thread... idk *fails* I'm so sorry ç____ç i so fail at stuff like this

Senior staffers = Olympus (Should I also give every staffer a greek god?)
Category staffers = myth. heroes (demi-gods - at least one parent is a god)
Truble Chackers = myth. beasts (you know those who guard, check and stuff)

I so suck with associating T.T
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 08:26:51 AM by Saya »
\"People can live a hundred years without really living for a minute.\"
- Logan
[url=\"http://fan.ci

Offline Marie

• TAFL Senior Staff
    • View Profile
Ah, that's a tough one, since they are very different, but... personally, at the Network, I think. Adoptions are a much more personal process to be involved in - I always end up second guessing myself: Did I write too much? Did I say what I wanted to say? Are my feelings going to get through to this person? And then there's the whole period where you wonder if the person is even going to go through with the adoption and blah blah blah. Don't get me wrong - I've adopted some of my favorite characters, but most of them were from friends. I guess, as a staffer, I'm just used to the process and so there's a lot less "stress", so to speak, when applying at the Network. Plus, I know someone will get back to me and etc. *probably seems like a nut*

A thread for Kubology, definitely.

I actually associate most people with Characters, LOL. And that's how I keep them straight in my head. Like, Mitz = Kaname, Jackie = Rukia, Dale = Sasuke, etc. I associate most people with a character that I strongly relate them too, and even in situations where it's not needed. The only person I don't really associate a character with is Wife, because she is plagued by Kubo, LOL. And that's a lie, because Wife = Gamma

[quote name='Saya' post='270328' date='Nov 9 2009, 08:26 AM']ok let's try, taichou you come up with most interesting questions, you know?[/quote] Ha, I try. :pirate:

[quote name='Saya' post='270328' date='Nov 9 2009, 08:26 AM']20. You associate (member/group) with (subject) ?

I so suck with associating T.T[/quote]That is actually the coolest association ever. omg, I want to be Hades. Ignoring the fact that he lives, you know, in hell. He has ZOMBIES!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 08:40:25 AM by Marie »

Offline Saya

• TAFL Trouble Checkers
  • Sleeping, drawing, writing, fanl
    • View Profile
    • http://silverblood.net
[quote name='Marie' post='270330' date='Nov 9 2009, 02:36 PM'][quote name='Saya' post='270328' date='Nov 9 2009, 08:26 AM']20. You associate (member/group) with (subject) ?

I so suck with associating T.T[/quote]That is actually the coolest association ever. omg, I want to be Hades. Ignoring the fact that he lives, you know, in hell. He has ZOMBIES!
[/quote]

Then I want to be defenetly Cerberos!
I have a thing for greek and roman myths XD
\"People can live a hundred years without really living for a minute.\"
- Logan
[url=\"http://fan.ci

Offline Sarah

• TAFL Staff Alumni
  • Describe Sarah\'s life with 3 wo
    • View Profile
    • http://sky-below.net
/pops in

I want to be Disney's Heracles cause he's the only dude I know (cough) Or Pegasus! :pirate: /shot

/runs off again
[color="#FF0000"]♥[/color] ~ [color="#fbacbc"]S[/color]arah [color="#000000"] | [/color] [color="#5face2"]sky[/color][color="#828282"]-below.net[/color]

love  [color="#000000"] is endless [/color]

Offline Mitzrael

• TAFL Senior Staff
  • ^ just your average ninja :D
    • View Profile
    • http://rainawhile.net
Dittos the bored at work part LoL! :pirate:

omg! I dunno ;) when it's at the network ,and above all when it's in my own categories, I have to annoy the staffer army with my babbling and whatnot :) even if my moto which is not in use right now so don't give me the look is apply now and do not regret afterward, make sense? So at times I'm more into adoptions 8D but really both are equally fun to apply to!

We TOTALLY should start that TAFL TRIVIA thread!  :hug: ^_^ dunno what the prizes could be though >>;

20. You associate (member/group) with (subject)?
Dunno, will think that one over >_> but I totally want to be HADES!  I content myself with Artemis though perhaps  :hug:
ソニア!ninja ^/_\^ | Items/Locations + Manga-ka & Directors + Music and Songs + Rivalries
Your daily dose of coffee in a pill [ rain awhile ]

Offline Mishiro

• View Profile
    • CrystalOrb
Well, to be truthful, I'd say I enjoy both as well~ Both is just as easy and hard at the same time~ :3

Maybe I would make a thread called... "What are your current obsessions?" or something like that? Well, it does sound kinda old. :pirate:

Erm... Like Marie-san, I often see other fanlisting owners and my friends as characters (which they like)~ ;)
Like... Nekoi Echizen = Ritona Yoko, Saya-san = Yuuko, Mitzrael-san = Yes -> Kaname, Skyria = Princess Sakura (of Tsubasa) and etc, etc~ :)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 10:20:25 AM by Beth »
Mishiro | skycrown.org | sapphire.nu | fireslash.org

Offline Yamila

• View Profile
    • http://cielo-azul.org/
To be painfully honest... at the Network. Not that I don't like applying for adoptions (it's great to, let's say, form a bond with the previous owner coz you're taking care of their baby! :pirate: ), but it isn't necessary to write stuff so >_>

A GUNDAM 00 DISCUSSION THREAD FOR WHEN THE MOVIE IS ABOUT TO BE RELEASED o_ó /was actually planning to do so *dork*

o_o eh... never thought about this (I don't tend to put people in groups...) but if I think of it, probably the ranks in Naruto (only that there are like 5/6 Sannin instead of 3 XD)
But like Marie, I also tend to associate people with characters xDDD Saya = Yuuko, Nekoi = Yoko, Wen = Neil, Marie = Ichigo, Mitzie = Kaname, Masao = Alle and so on xDDDD inb4 Mila = Graham
yamila · Latest: Jojo[color=#0

Offline Sarah

• TAFL Staff Alumni
  • Describe Sarah\'s life with 3 wo
    • View Profile
    • http://sky-below.net
So! /has now more time for the rest of the questions and shall keep spamming the boards mwahaha

Hmmm. I actually think I've had more luck with adoptions in the past, not sure why. *ponders* But I think I prefer applying at the Network too.

LOL. >>; I think I'm happy with our current threads <3 Even tho I need to go look for my Jdrama topic one of these days ahaha~

Hmmm, I don't really associate people with Characters. I do associate people with different shades of pink though (cough) For example! Chip = light pink, aranee = darker pink, Jani = almost purple (but a light purple!), Marie = super super super SUPER pink! :wub: ♥♥ Etc!

...I wonder if that's weird, but I swear it's the truth. People give me pink vibes. *nods* At least most do, we won't go into the rest. (cough) ;)

Oh, but I also associate/relate random stuff to people. Like, Jackieness = squirrels and Sasuke is rainbows and hearts! Eh, but hm. Marie = 4323834 hearts too so I'm right when I say they totally have something in common :blink: Aaand Saya reminds me of a cat!

... /feels sort of random but omg still want to be Pegasus
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 12:41:42 PM by Sarah »
[color="#FF0000"]♥[/color] ~ [color="#fbacbc"]S[/color]arah [color="#000000"] | [/color] [color="#5face2"]sky[/color][color="#828282"]-below.net[/color]

love  [color="#000000"] is endless [/color]