The AnimeFanlistings Network Message Board

Possible thread for other network promotions?

Guest · 2 · 459

Rin

I was just wondering out of the blue that when I finished making a physical fanlisting for an anime/manga character, I have no where to promote it (I can't just email anyone about it >.>). The physical fanlistings has a board but it's practically dead there (it doesn't get too much attention). So I was wondering (like the TFL board has one) if I could suggest that we have a subforum thread to promote other network fanlistings [such as physical]? But it'd be for anime/manga only (since TFL has the topic to promote non-anime things) so for like physical fanlistings for anime/manga characters and such. ^^ It's just an idea! Since I think it'd be good for those who own a few physicals to get affiliates and members, I think it'd be nice. <3 Anyway, that's just my thought. ^^;

Any suggestions/comments are encouraged =)

Offline Danielle

• TAFL Founder
    • View Profile
    • http://hoshichan.com/
It's a nice idea in principle, but unfortunately, as with all things, I can see it getting way out of hand.

We never officially allowed non-TAFL promotion here, but we mostly ignored the posts because people were restrained and mature about it. Then, suddenly, a large crowd of members decided to spray off-network and non-A/M TFL promotions all over every thread we had, and we had to get out the Big Sticks and enforce our posting guidelines.

These posting guidelines are here not because we're gigantic meanies, but because this board consumes an amazing amount of CPU usage and bandwidth, and we simply can't give any more of that away to non-TAFL matters. TFL has more room to maneuver with their board (and off-network thread), I'm sure, because they are already hosting on their own server and pay for their own usage, etc. We, at the moment, do *NOT*, and therefore must share our resources with the other children as long as we remain on shared hosting. (Which, by the way, we are trying to do as it is significantly cheaper.)

I will bring this issue up at the next Senior Staff meeting for discussion, but for the time being, please respect the current guidelines and promote TAFL listings only. :/

(Moving this to a more appropriate forum, as I'd like the rest of the Senior Staff to see this.)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 04:31:29 PM by Danielle »

D A N I E L L E

TAFL Founder, General Nuisance