The AnimeFanlistings Network Message Board

Domain Names

Eden · 8 · 1172

Offline Eden

• View Profile
I don't see a topic discussing domain names for anime/manga purposes, so I thought I'd make one! (Hope that's okay! :blush: ) This topic can also be used to discuss anime/manga related domain musings you come up with or even recent purchases of animanga related domains! This topic isn't for really pimping domain layouts or anything, it's just a topic to discuss domain names. I hope this is okay?

To stay on topic, I got a coupon code from Facebook and I'm gonna use it for registering an anime series collective domain to house my fanlistings for the series! I'm really exicted!  :wub:  Since Namecheap on Facebook has a coupon code that will let you register a .com/.net/.org name for $1.99, has anyone gotten a coupon code and intends to use it for something related to anime or manga?

Offline Luinthoron

• View Profile
    • http://yours-to-break.net/
So, anime related domain names, then? Have a few of them. exia.cc for my Gundam fanlistings, the awesome domain hack villetta.nu for Code Geass, and reiji-maigo.net for the collective.
|Website||Fanlistings||EXIA.CC||LiveJournal|
FL counter: 83 TFL: 39 TAFL: 47 (3 listed in both) || Upcoming: 0 Pending: 0

Offline Emcy

• Formally known as Emcy from peti
    • View Profile
    • http://cuite.org/
I haven't gotten it yet but I am really badly, eventually, wanting to get a domain for all of Katekyo Hitman Reborn series. I just love this series so much~

Offline Cozza

• 07 Ghost, Naruto, One Piece, Gia
    • View Profile
    • http://jellyfishing.org
Jellyfishing.org after Spongebob (obv. that's not anime, though~) but for anime/manga-related domain names I've registered: Ghostish.org (07 Ghost) and jaikiri.net (Giant Killing). I used to own reiatsu.info but I let that expire. I'm trying super hard to resist buying a Naruto or One Piece related domain name, as idk, I'd just feel unoriginal buying one (and many of the good names are taken). xD I bought one for 07 Ghost and Giant Killing because in doing so I'm trying to spread the love for lesser known series like them, too. ^^ I am seriously considering buying something BL-oriented, though. 8D
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 09:55:32 AM by Cozza »

Offline Eden

• View Profile
Aha, I just registered a Sailor Moon related domain using my Namecheap coupon! It was worth it since I paid $1.99 for it lmao. Gonna renew it next year too. ♥♥♥ I love buying domains for a series, it's a cute way to group my related fanlistings together!

Offline Amber

• TAFL Category Staff
    • View Profile
    • http://eien-melody.net
Let's see...

Eien-Melody.net (my first domain given to me as a gift years ago by Julia who has long sinced disappeared off the Internet) was given to me (and I renew/pay for it now) was for Sailor Moon too. It comes Sailor Moon song (Japanese) I adore the most, Eien no Melody

Charming-Up.org is a Pokemon domain which my mom bought me as a gift last summer for my birthday but she spelled the original domain name wrong (I wanted Charm-Uo.org but I still like this one) so I kept it. The name comes from Dawn/Hikari's Japanese Contest 'speech, "Charm Up!"

I had Kienzan.net which was taken from Dragonball for Krillin (cause I'm like a stalker for anything Krillin >_>) but I lost the domain name earlier this year do to a bad former host who won't let me get the domain back. I might be able to register it next year, but for now I'm without it.

I doubt I buy anymore anime related domains unless it is for a fanlisting, however. I grow too attatched (as in Kienzan.net's case) and I always lose it in the end. :/
"A world  on fire."  - Daredevil

Offline Eden

• View Profile
Bought myself a Dragonball fandom related domain name with the $1.99 Namecheap sale! :wub: It'll host my DBZ fanlistings since I'm starting to accumulate more than 2.  :sweatdrop:

Offline Katze

• TAFL Staff Alumni
  • These vast internets, anime, fan
    • View Profile
    • http://pure-rhythm.org
All of my domains are somehow fandom-related, actually - even if some are a bit of a stretch. Though thankfully some of them are neutral enough that you wouldn't guess unless I specifically said something, or you were *really* familiar with whatever reference. :D

Fudomine.org/rikkaidai.org from Tenipuri (also had golden-pair.net and dream-pair.net for several years, but finally let them go); sokidan.net for Dragonball, nadleeh.org for Gundam00, falgabard.org/lunar-whale.org from FF (III and IV), fifteenth-moon.net (15th Moon is an Arashi song; purchased slightly as a joke/match for one I had gotten for a friend - sixteenth-moon.net, which was from a line of a w-inds. song XD - our silly cheesy boyband pop references). And then, of course, ukepile.com. While pure-rhythm.org and rhythmic-high.net *technically* aren't fandom-related, both were lj names I had for Tenipuri roleplay games XD

Others I technically owned (I bought for friends) were sayaendou.net (NEWS song), and meruki.com (anagram of Kimeru).

Really not very creative when it comes to naming things XD;